Bilstein B14 20” tyre size on T32?

Dadoeyes

Hi

I need a bit of advice please
I put my van 2018 T32 in for bilstein b14 Coilovers to be fitted on to my 275/40/20 Tyres but the mechanic phoned me to say they where rubbing and has advised that replacing the current tyre with 255/35/20 All over
im just want to know if this is the correct new tyre choice
thanks Davie

Hi

I put my van 2018 T32 in for bilstein b14 Coilovers to be fitted on to my 275/40/20 Tyres but the mechanic phoned me to say they where rubbing and has advised that replacing the current tyre with 255/35/20 All over
thanks Davie

Just bare in mind that a 255/35 won't be rated high enough for a T32. As for the rest, it depends on your wheel widths and offsets? Staggered?

Hi

thanks Davie

Same van, same coil overs, 265/40 as per @BognorMotors above post.

They may still rub slightly depending on exact tyre brand, but wheel arch liners can be persuaded quite easily.

I had to have my liners adjusted after my B14’s got to two years old as they had sunk/settled even further down with age.

I'm running 265/40 got them from Bognor 18 months ago when they fitted my suspension and wheels they where spot on but recently started to rub under the arch on the OS adjusting shock has helped a bit but not solved the problem. I have mixed the wheels up when i put the Devonports on over winter but as far as I know they were all the same offset.

Where abouts is the rub? I’m currently away but maybe swing by the office or give Simon a call who will be able to assist.

Hi Oli it's on the top of the arch on the outside I spoke to Matt yesterday to see if he could look up the offset on what you supplied as I mixed them up when i took Winter wheels off. But I was pretty sure they were all the same. it's catching the bracket and screw when you hit a dip in the road.

Just need to remove the screw and bend/remove the tag. Or book in with Matt won’t take long

Just need to remove the screw and bend/remove the tag. Or book in with Matt won’t take long
Hi @BognorMotors . Oli I’m getting the same problem. I have velare 20’s I just put on that Simon sorted out for me and 275/40 tyres. Is catching a lot when I hit a bump. Assume try removing that screw at the top first? Or would 265 tyres be better? Thanks

Loads of room in the back arch. They rub on the front of incorrectly set up or too big a tyre

Hi, I have just had our T32 kombi converted and having the same issues with 275/40's fitted with quite a bit of rubbing on the front with B14s. They are new wheels and tyres. I'm assuming from above that changing to 265/40 should sort the rubbing? Is there any issues if I keep the 275/40s on the rear and can keep the front tyres I remove as a spare rear set of tyres? Trying to minimise the cost but need to sort something

Hi, I have just had our T32 kombi converted and having the same issues with 275/40's fitted with quite a bit of rubbing on the front with B14s. They are new wheels and tyres. I'm assuming from above that changing to 265/40 should sort the rubbing? Is there any issues if I keep the 275/40s on the rear and can keep the front tyres I remove as a spare rear set of tyres? Trying to minimise the cost but need to sort something
You may not need to change the tyres, so before you do, perhaps try something else that could save you some cash. If the tyres are rubbing the inner arch liner it's common to heat it with a heat gun and push it back out of the way a bit to help stop the rubbing. If it's rubbing on the outside, take the arch liner screw out at the 12 o'clock position and push the liner behind the securing tab and push the tab up a bit. If that cures it great, wait until your fronts are worn and then replace them with the 265/40, which is a better size than the 275/40 anyway.

If it still rubs then you'll definitely need to change the front tyres now. Assuming that you aren't a 4Motion owner you'll be OK running the 275/40 on the rear and a 265/40 on the front.

You may not need to change the tyres, so before you do, perhaps try something else that could save you some cash. If the tyres are rubbing the inner arch liner it's common to heat it with a heat gun and push it back out of the way a bit to help stop the rubbing. If it's rubbing on the outside, take the arch liner screw out at the 12 o'clock position and push the liner behind the securing tab and push the tab up a bit. If that cures it great, wait until your fronts are worn and then replace them with the 265/40, which is a better size than the 275/40 anyway.

If it still rubs then you'll definitely need to change the front tyres now. Assuming that you aren't a 4Motion owner you'll be OK running the 275/40 on the rear and a 265/40 on the front.
Thanks very much. Probably a daft question but presumably to confirm exactly where they are rubbing I'll need to get a good look inside the wheel arch? It's also rubbing on full lock which would make me think it'll be on the inside. It's sitting very low so will likely need to jack up the front to have a look in the wheel arch.

Back