pezzas

T6 Pro
Hey all,
not sure if anyone else has considered this but basically I think the new rack looks a bit cheap and dodgy, however if powder coated it could be improved? Any ideas on the cost of powder coating plus recommended places?

Also i'd like a spoiler and would not mind having the rack on permanently. Any options of spoiler available?

Thanks all,

Adam:thumbsdown:

P.s. has anyone tried retro fitting the T5 one as you can get them in black and look loads better:cool:

Not sure you can fit a spoiler if you have the bike rack fitted, could be wrong I'm sure someone who has one will comfirm :)

I've recently heard that the old style T5 (Kylie) bike rack has now been made with new fixings so it will fit the T6.

In terms of the spoiler, some people have modified their spoilers by cutting out a gap whee the bike rack fixing points are and filling the holes with fibreglass.

I've recently heard that the old style T5 (Kylie) bike rack has now been made with new fixings so it will fit the T6.

In terms of the spoiler, some people have modified their spoilers by cutting out a gap whee the bike rack fixing points are and filling the holes with fibreglass.
I know of only two places that have made the T5 style rear spoiler to fit the T6. The first is Leyton Vans, however when I spoke to them they will not sell to the public. The only way is to buy a van from them that has it fitted. They claimed it was because they have spent a lot of money developing it and don't want someone copying it and then selling it themselves.
The other place is SwissVans. I have been calling these for the past 6months and am still waiting. They have now had them made, and should be on a container ship from China, but don't know when they are due to arrive.
If anyone knows of anywhere else selling these I'd be interested to hear as fed up with waiting for SwissVans.

Last time I tried they were not available anywhere, the part number was not recognised by ETKA but it was a while ago so may try the one above when I get chance

Some info about rack/powder coating here - Team Candy White
That's my rack @Pauly linked.
I powder coated it satin black, almost every colour is available in gloss, semi gloss, Matt or satin. I'm happy to walk you or anyone else that's interested through it. it's pretty easy to do if you have experience with tools and the effect is great. I could probably do it for you too if you don't fancy tackling it.

Last time I tried they were not available anywhere, the part number was not recognised by ETKA but it was a while ago so may try the one above when I get chance

Hi Pauly - Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

Anyone - How would you go about contacting a european agent if that is the only option:thumbsdown:

No not as yet that part number is not available to order in the UK, i will keep periodically asking though as someone did mention they thought it was coming back to the UK ??

Just finished bolting the bike rack together.

Thought I would share the effect with you boys and girls.

The Before and after powder coating the VW Bike Rack.

Last minute Colour change from Satin Black to Metallic Graphite. 205 GTI colour ish :thumbsup:

T6 Bike Rack0.jpg

T6 Bike Rack1.jpg

T6 Bike Rack2.jpg

Hi, just sent mine off for powder coating. Did all parts fit back together okay, or were there any issues with the thickness of the powder coating.

Loving this, where did you get it done, and if you don’t mind how much was it?

Hi @Phil Harris and @Gingercoastie ,

Powder coating was by Technique Finishing Ltd in Chichester. Cost £120.00.

The only issue I can see after using it for a few weekends away is were the bottom bar rotates against the upright. slight paint scuffing.

All went back together OK spent some time locating the correct Black rivets.

Thank You @Tourershine .

It was one off those "can take long to take apart" 2 hours later:sick::sick: Jobs.

I've stripped several of these down to make up one custom built set-up for my 5 bikes in the garage of my MH, so I know they are not as simple as they look, but I do love to see something a little different done really nicely.

Back