Cheers @moomin-j can you post a link please, I may have a look, perhaps new locks could be a more secure option?

Cheers @moomin-j can you post a link please, I may have a look, perhaps new locks could be a more secure option?
Just thinking about this, how can the old locks be removed?? I remember a “blank key” being issued with some Thule locks to remove them - will it be the same with these or can I just buy the numbered key?

Replacement keys does just that, supplies another key against your luck number. But I'm thinking anyone with a key can walk off with the bikes
Or ride off... So was gonna look into the new lock. Presume the old barrel comes out

Don’t put too much store on powder coating though, it’s better than paint but it’s not impregnable. I ended up with scratches in the coating of mine after a weekend’s use and had to touch it in with paint.

I’ve seen these painted, and they can wear where the plastic ‘fingers’ grip the rack when in the upright position.

Replacement keys does just that, supplies another key against your luck number. But I'm thinking anyone with a key can walk off with the bikes
Or ride off... So was gonna look into the new lock. Presume the old barrel comes out

I went cycling in the new forest, and they let me know that they’d had a few bikes go walkies. I ran an extra lock through the frame and round the rack. I figured that I’d hear any disturbance while sleeping. Made me feel a bit more secure.

I've stripped several of these down to make up one custom built set-up for my 5 bikes in the garage of my MH, so I know they are not as simple as they look, but I do love to see something a little different done really nicely.

hi @Tourershine have you got any pics of your conversion to carry 5 bikes? I’ve got the VW 4 bike tailgate carrier, interested to see how it could be converted to carry 5, it would save me from putting one in the boot.

hi @Tourershine have you got any pics of your conversion to carry 5 bikes? I’ve got the VW 4 bike tailgate carrier, interested to see how it could be converted to carry 5, it would save me from putting one in the boot.

It's not on a T6, it's in the back of my Motorhome mate.

It's not on a T6, it's in the back of my Motorhome mate.
Ok thanks :)

If I can’t fit one bike in the back of my LWB Shuttle with the 3rd row bench seat removed for camping trips then some might say we take a bit too much kit camping!!!! I blame the air tent.....

Back