Big Wave Campers... window leaking, leisure-battery loose..

Hi it’s CXHA.
Thanks.
then warning light
Flashing coil, or emission light (yellow engine symbol)?

Unfortunately the fault codes alone are not the full picture. For proper diagnosis it would have been helpful to have also so called "freeze frame data" which is recorded at the moment of fault. Just wondering if the faults appeared simultaneously - or are they separate instances. Just thinking that three sensor failures at same time wouldn't be likely, rather wiring (ground) problem. Also along "freeze frame data" is data which fault actually triggered the dash light.

Anyways, the engine has actually two oil pressure switches and unfortunaly the fault code doesn't specify which of them triggered the fault. Do you know which one was replaced - the easy one at base of oil filter, or the difficult one to reach above turbo?

Also the fault P012B description above is missing specifier "implausible signal". Then the full description P0105 describes it actually as manifold pressure sensor - supply voltage. So these two faults doesn't necessarily specify the sensor itself being faulty.

The next step would be to do a fault scan with either VCDS or VAG ODIS to see
1) which fault triggered the dash light
2) which of the faults are actually active and which are just history log

Thank you for replying and your help. It’s the coil light. I’m almost certain they changed the easy to get to oil switch as they said there was only one! They also changed the manifold pressure sensor. They said today that there was just one fault left but when I look at my (Amateur) tool it now shows 4 - attached. I’ve booked it it into VW van centre and will let you know what they say. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it. Thanks again.

05A611D3-FE89-4874-A6D4-1C7DE4CCC47E.jpeg

EFB31771-07F1-4D4D-8137-1883EBCEB0A4.jpeg

B6B8A42C-ADD7-4BE6-98D3-3636DFEE18DE.jpeg

9FED2F4A-E8A0-4D43-9F2B-8DF63C65F248.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Back