Biarritz camping

Dave Potts

Hi

We are wanting to stay over at Biarritz in July for a few nights after watching the Tour. Any recommendations of campsites close to the town/beaches or has anyone stayed in an Aire overnight? Thanks

We stayed a couple of time at Camping de Pavillion Royale. Right on a beach, well manned by the sapeurs pompiers as waves can be huge. Bidart is nearby and very pleasant market. Bit of a drive into Biarritz but not too far. Has a pool and good showers although someone stole my board shorts off the line!

Hi

We are wanting to stay over at Biarritz in July for a few nights after watching the Tour. Any recommendations of campsites close to the town/beaches or has anyone stayed in an Aire overnight? Thanks

It just doesn't work for us this year..:( dates and location just don't marry up. Are you heading to the Pau stage?

We are planning to be around for the Pau stage - my wife has friends in the area. Just waiting of the full detail of that stage to be released.
We are planning to see a fair bit of the TdF in the Alps too.

Pete

We are planning to be around for the Pau stage - my wife has friends in the area. Just waiting of the full detail of that stage to be released.
We are planning to see a fair bit of the TdF in the Alps too.

Pete
Lucky bugger!!!

Superb! They don't get much better than the Paris - Roubaix!
Take it you like your cycling?

Oh yes. The wife isn’t so sure, but an electric bike should sort her out for a few trial cobble sections.

Back to the OP though, we are interested in an Atlantic coast stopover after the penultimate stage if anyone has any ideas.

Pete

@Pete C I expect a full write up of your adventures. Following the cycling is one reason we got the camper. We've got a pop top with panoramic roof on order and will be getting a tv fitted to keep on the stages either side of where we are parked :thumbsup:

@Pete C I expect a full write up of your adventures. Following the cycling is one reason we got the camper. We've got a pop top with panoramic roof on order and will be getting a tv fitted to keep on the stages either side of where we are parked :thumbsup:

Will do. Got to buy the wife an electric bike yet, but definitely taking my bike to Paris-Roubaix, and the campsite at Ypres is booked.

Pete

Oh yes. The wife isn’t so sure, but an electric bike should sort her out for a few trial cobble sections.

Back to the OP though, we are interested in an Atlantic coast stopover after the penultimate stage if anyone has any ideas.

Pete
There are Aires all along the coast that we have stopped off at, but if you’re not in a Coastal Aire by late afternoon the French will have taken over and hate us Brits making them move up together.
Can’t help you out with any special exact ones as we are down in Portugal till March, if you type in Aires Biarritz it will come up with some, we stayed at Plage de Milady ,64200, Biarritz but there are some Municipal sites there that are good as well.
Have fun

There's a lot of Cervelos, Pinarellos , S-Works etc. in my club.
I'm a bit of a cannonade CAAD fan so my summer bike is a CAAD12 ultegra with Reynolds assault wheels and my winter bike is a CAAD10 105 with raceblade.

We stayed a couple of time at Camping de Pavillion Royale. Right on a beach, well manned by the sapeurs pompiers as waves can be huge. Bidart is nearby and very pleasant market. Bit of a drive into Biarritz but not too far. Has a pool and good showers although someone stole my board shorts off the line!

Pavillion Royal is great and the beach there is spot on. Facilities are great, restaurant on site but camping is quite expensive.

Pavillion Royale is Ace.
Great site with great facilities ..(but take a spare pair of board shorts!! LOL)
Right on the beach - take a fire log to sit on beach and watch sun going down. Big big waves!
Bus on main road outside camp site but easy cycle into town.
Biarittz is sort of upmarket Newquay - more refined, less yuppie teenagers and tres chique!

Enjoy Le Tour:thumbsup:

Back