BFGoodrich A/T KO2 tyre-pressure????

paul600rr

T6 Pro
Hi anyone know what sort of pressure should be for BF Goodrich A/T ko2 tyres 225/65/17 on a T32 will be loaded at times driving to France?? Cheers Paul

20190815_202735.jpg

45psi on the road and right down to 12psi in the sand dunes.

That seems low. Had my BFGs fitted today, same size as paul600rr and the fitter put 55 psi in?..
With all due respect to tyre fitters I've never found that they've inflated new tyres to the correct pressure, which isn't a problem because the first thing I do is go home, let them cool down then put them right.
Your tyre fitters probably thought "55psi is about right for a van", and it might be OK but don't rely on tyre fitters to get it right.

You have to set the tire pressure to your load with the max load and psi rated on the tire wall, i have the same tires, and i got the axes weighed for front and rear to work out the required pressure.

Im sitting at 54 psi fully loaded in a T32, sitting at 3150kg but it does ride better at 48 psi for shorter trips.

i lower mine down to 20 psi when off-road and doing under 40km.

I installed a on board ARB air compressor in my build, as im changing tire pressure to the conditions that we drive while travelling.

200km plus Corrougated dirt roads, beach driving and off road tracks

Without checking, I put mine to 51 at the front and 54 at the rear which is what the little door sticker says for 16" wheels. As already stated this for on road use and if I was going far off road I'd be dropping it considerably.

I'm at 47psi all round with normal camper load, dog, wife, awning, chairs etc and this seems to be working well. All on road stuff apart from the camp site but no issues, fuel consumption average 33-38 mpg. Yours being 245 (I have 225) should perhaps be better 50 on road. Just a suggestion you understand. Let us know what you end up with??

Hi anyone know what sort of pressure should be for BF Goodrich A/T ko2 tyres 225/65/17 on a T32 will be loaded at times driving to France?? Cheers Paul

View attachment 49042
Hi paul
Can you tell me were you got them from as I am looking to purchase 4 ,need to see the best place to get them from and best price etc
Also what is the ride and handling like ?
Thanks
John

View attachment 49042
Can I ask what tyre pressure you are running?

I've got a T30, it's a kombi mainly used for a 3 person family daily driver. 2 up front with a child in the back. Just put the BFG's on my 17" Devonports. I've got them at 44psi all round for now.

Thanks.

Pleasantly surprised on the ride and MPG. Just put 100 miles on them and got 31.5mpg exact same run last week on the originals came back 33.5. Also the speedo is bang on now!

I've put 44 psi all round, will leave it at that for now.

PXL_20210203_110838873.jpg

Just put 200 miles on them and I noticed the front ones were slightly bulging at the bottoms. Enough that I felt it was necessary to put a little more in. I've now got 50 in the fronts and 44 in the rear and it's perked them up a to look and feel correct. Looking at an online tyre calculation it states 43 psi, I have my reservation about that value after seeing the bulge though. Front end will definitely be heavier as it's bearing the engine along with all the steering components so I would expect that to be an increased pressure.

The inner door sticker stated 55 front 50 rear for the OEM tyres...

Think I need to contact BFG and get some technical input.

Does anyone have the axle weights for a T6.1 4motion 199? Would be good to have that info to hand. I cant find it!

Last edited:
Back