Recommended Window Suppliers

• Total voters
Which are the best side windows to use and who’s the best company to use West Midlands / Staffordshire cheers

Which are the best side windows to use and who’s the best company to use West Midlands / Staffordshire cheers
Sliding windows or fixed windows?
If sliding, flush-fit or recessed fit?

I'm pretty new to all this conversion stuff but have had Kiravans opening side windows and a pair of barn door windows, very happy with the quality and we had them fitted by Sean at The Camper Buddy Ltd in Kidderminster, very happy with the work.

Barn windows.JPG

Side windows.JPG

Inside 4.JPG

I replaced my sliding door and it came with a kombi / caravelle sliding window, like this:

PXL_20201020_173854072.jpg
When I come to put a sliding window on the other side, what would that cost from VW? And of course, I don't need it to match on the other side since you don't see them together, so could go aftermarket too?

You’ll read a lot about OEM sliding windows being leaky, with some saying it’s a fitment issue whilst others say it’s a design issue.

You can get OEM sliding windows second hand at anything from £250 to £450 or new from something like £550,
recessed aftermarket windows at around £200 or
flush-fit aftermarket windows at around £300.
It all depends on the look you’re after.

As you have the holes already cut out for your windows, OEM sliders will go straight in, match your existing glass and look the best.
Ah, thanks that would answer it!

Ah, thanks that would answer it!
If you do go second-hand, be mindful of using one that’s been removed from a van; @Dean@VanDoc was talking to me about leaky OEM windows and mentioned that the sealant plays an important part in leaks (and the prevention of this) and made reference to fitting an already-used window being likely to leak.

If you do go second-hand, be mindful of using one that’s been removed from a van; @Dean@VanDoc was talking to me about leaky OEM windows and mentioned that the sealant plays an important part in leaks (and the prevention of this) and made reference to fitting an already-used window being likely to leak.
That's interesting. I was worried about removing from an existing panel. Can you harm the window? And can you not remove all the sealant and start again, to prevent leaks? Or is it the actual slider? The OEM door setup has a catch funnel and hose to drain the water to the base of the door and away, but perhaps that's where the handle leaks, not the window?

That's interesting. I was worried about removing from an existing panel. Can you harm the window? And can you not remove all the sealant and start again, to prevent leaks? Or is it the actual slider? The OEM door setup has a catch funnel and hose to drain the water to the base of the door and away, but perhaps that's where the handle leaks, not the window?
I wouldn’t like to say mate, as I went with VGC.

I'm now finally at the stage of buying windows. That caravelle door with OEM slider is on the van and I want to match it. My window man suggested going OEM rear quarter for best match. Anyone used an aftermarket to match to an OEM AS2 slider?

Hi, a while back I added a rear row of seats to our panel van and didn't bother with side windows as the kids weren't bothered but are now! I was wary about putting in one that opens but sounds like it's mainly the OEM ones that leak and aftermarket seem to be better. We would like to put in one fixed and one that opens and have narrowed it down to two companies. Has anyone installed either of the 2 below sets or heard much about them and if they leak or not?

T6/T6.1 N/S/Front Fixed & O/S/Front Opening Window Package - Vee Dub Transporters

VW T6 Driver Side Sliding Window AND Passenger Fixed Window | VW T6 LWB, VW T6 SWB | Camper Glass

Any help/advice welcomed!

Looking for recommendations for side windows for my T6 1 panel Van.

I've seen quite a few brands Kiravans , camperglass etc etc.

What ones do people here recommend ?

Looking for a fixed one on the slider opener on the drivers side

Yeah i think Transporter HQ use them and did mention they were having trouble with the design of the new flush ones. Maybe they've fixed it now

Just about to order windows for my LWB T6. Ideally on the passenger side I would like to fit a front and rear window but only cut out one aperture on the rear so people sat in the back can see out. I thought this would be popular but can’t find any information on how you can do this! Any help is appreciated?

I'm now finally at the stage of buying windows. That caravelle door with OEM slider is on the van and I want to match it. My window man suggested going OEM rear quarter for best match. Anyone used an aftermarket to match to an OEM AS2 slider?
I've since ordered an aftermarket opener to replace the oem one, so tint shouldn't be an issue as I'm ordering all of the windows at the same time

Just about to order windows for my LWB T6. Ideally on the passenger side I would like to fit a front and rear window but only cut out one aperture on the rear so people sat in the back can see out. I thought this would be popular but can’t find any information on how you can do this! Any help is appreciated?
Do you mean a dummy window that is stuck over the panel, with the panel not having been cut out?

Do you mean a dummy window that is stuck over the panel, with the panel not having been cut out?
I’m guessing it will need to be a dummy window because of the lip on a normal window. Problem is I want to cut out one of the apertures so it’s like a half dummy and half window if that makes sense?

I’m guessing it will need to be a dummy window because of the lip on a normal window. Problem is I want to cut out one of the apertures so it’s like a half dummy and half window if that makes sense?
Ah yes I think I do - the rearmost window between the C and D pillar has two apertures to suggest two windows can fit, and you want to use one of them?

Ah yes I think I do - the rearmost window between the C and D pillar has two apertures to suggest two windows can fit, and you want to use one of them?
Exactly, so from the outside its glass all round but inside it’s a normal window on the door but a half window on the rear panel.

Exactly, so from the outside its glass all round but inside it’s a normal window on the door but a half window on the rear panel.
Just wondering, did you ever do this? I want to do the same thing but on the outside it looks like a full size window.

You found an example before I managed to :thumbsup: will be interesting to learn if this is possible.

Back