Best Rib mattress topper

DarrenTT

T6 Pro
Vans in the converters having a full conversion. I’m having a rib double seat fitted. Has anyone any good recommendations for a decent topper to get a good nights sleep?

We bought Duvalay’s following loads of recommendations here and elsewhere
Better than wriggling out of a sleeping bag but they are pretty heavy and bulky

Reactions: CAB
I bought this one recently, bulky but the most comfortable I’ve ever been in a van. My duvalay went in the bin long ago, just didn’t work for me, a proper duvet and that mattress and it’s just like being in my own bed
GREHOME 3 Inch / 7.5cm Memory Foam Mattress Topper, Bed Topper with Removable/Washable Cover and Adjustable Straps, UK Double - 135 x 190 cm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VFNZDS5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9LswFbH0SXF3C

I bought this one recently, bulky but the most comfortable I’ve ever been in a van. My duvalay went in the bin long ago, just didn’t work for me, a proper duvet and that mattress and it’s just like being in my own bed
GREHOME 3 Inch / 7.5cm Memory Foam Mattress Topper, Bed Topper with Removable/Washable Cover and Adjustable Straps, UK Double - 135 x 190 cm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VFNZDS5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9LswFbH0SXF3C
Looks cosy, does it role up compact for storage?

Not really no, it’s as thick as my pop top cover, though not as tall

Have you slept on the RIB yet, we find it fine. maybe just a duvet below.
Simple answer is no, the van is at the converters now getting everything fitted. But I’m wanting the best night sleep as I’ll be using it for work and sleeping roughly 5 nights a week in it.

Simple answer is no, the van is at the converters now getting everything fitted. But I’m wanting the best night sleep as I’ll be using it for work and sleeping roughly 5 nights a week in it and wanting the best comfort possible.

Hi @andys - Looking to pick one of these up but just wanted to check with you the size it rolled up into? I appreciate it wont roll small but will it roll small enough to get it on the rear shelf of my RIB easily? I've been using a cheap foam topper for a few years but it looks crap and decided its time to sort something better. Mine would be a small double though for my 120 wide RIB

Duvalays wouldnt work for me either. I much prefer a mattress topper and quilt. My recommendation would be don't skimp on the topper. It seems like now you need to pay well in excess of £100 for a decent 4" double. Looked up the old one I bought some 9 years ago and still use (though lately doubled up with another cheaper one I already had) and see Amazon offers factory seconds at £62.97. Search ASIN B00YU33N7K in Amazon. Perfect ones £148.97 - see link below. They say they are the same. Getting it on the back seat or rear shelf is no problem. Haven't tried the memory foam ones that @andys suggested. Worth a try for sure. Interested in how you find it. Just don't go cheap especially as you plan to use it a lot.

Hi @andys - Looking to pick one of these up but just wanted to check with you the size it rolled up into? I appreciate it wont roll small but will it roll small enough to get it on the rear shelf of my RIB easily? I've been using a cheap foam topper for a few years but it looks crap and decided its time to sort something better. Mine would be a small double though for my 120 wide RIB
Can’t help with whether it would fit on a RIB shelf I’m afraid as I don’t have one, but it’s big and bulky, probably no smaller than the Duvalay but vastly more comfortable

Can’t help with whether it would fit on a RIB shelf I’m afraid as I don’t have one, but it’s big and bulky, probably no smaller than the Duvalay but vastly more comfortable
I went for it anyway. Last night was the first night sleeping on it. SUPERB! Cheers for posting about it on here. It rolls up and fits on the shelf fine, takes up more room than my previous topper but not too bad. The previous topper was rubbish though

Back