Also think about the tent fabric you want. Mine is proofed canvas, which is very breathable and I don’t get condensation. Stays dry inside. Others have a vinyl which is arguably more waterproof but less breathable, and more condensation prone.
That's a fair point, but might be more useful for the OP if you share which pop-top you have.

Also think about the tent fabric you want. Mine is proofed canvas, which is very breathable and I don’t get condensation. Stays dry inside. Others have a vinyl which is arguably more waterproof but less breathable, and more condensation prone.
Not sure which roofs have a vinyl canvas, but the Hilo has a high quality, marine-grade canvas. Not sure if that's the same as water-proofed. but never had any water ingress.

I did- PopTop Roofs, AKA Streamline
My bad for not reading thread the entire thread. :whistle:

Not sure which roofs have a vinyl canvas, but the Hilo has a high quality, marine-grade canvas. Not sure if that's the same as water-proofed. but never had any water ingress.

My bad for not reading thread the entire thread. :whistle:
I see Hilo/Horizon now has 60Kg roof loading, which would put it back on my list. I was picking mine in Autumn 2022, so not the right time to be going Hilo.

I see Hilo/Horizon now has 60Kg roof loading, which would put it back on my list. I was picking mine in Autumn 2022, so not the right time to be going Hilo.
That was just a bit later than when I bought mine... though it wasn't fitted until Feb/March 2023 due to van delivery delays.

For options, do go for a bifold bed. Gives you much more headroom than a flatbed.
Or go for a pop top that uses removable panels rather than a pull-down bed. On a trip when you don’t need them leave them at home. We have only taken our bed panels once and on all other occasions have benefited from extra headroom when the roof is lowered.
Sorry late to the party but I would make sure you have a slide board to cover the underside of the poptop once lowered above the drivers seat cab area
Or have a pop top that doesn’t extend the cutout over the cab area. Gives some extra storage space when the roof is up and likely also makes the vehicle cab stronger in the unfortunate event of an accident.

Lots of options!

Have a look at HVR customs at Lee on Solent. They did a Vanmax for us which is an excellent roof but only in swb. They also do Skyline and Lowlife

Back