Best ET offset - 20"

YESBOY

T6 Pro
Hi Guys
Hopefully found a wheel I like it's 9x20" et 35 fronts flat or small concave (will it sit to far out on the arch) and then 9" 91/2"10" et35 -45 depending on width you choose 815kg rated good as I'm 1610 front axle
I'm looking to run a 275/35/20 102y load rated for my caravelle hopefully won't kill the ride comfort
Maybe the 265/40/20 that Bognor is testing
I'm going to be putting on B14's 50-60mm lowered
But I'm not sure what my current Springfield wheels offset are ?????
The wheels are import only from USA so I can't try or test before you buy to know I'm happy !!!!
So any answers and pictures will be very welcome
Thanks

So I need some help
Long story short my wheels I ordered have wrong offset they was milled wrong so I've been offered a new off the shelf set as they have no more blanks left !!!!
This is what they are proposing
9j x20" et 35 front with a 255/40/20 101 rated &
10jx20 et45 rear with a 275/35/20 102 rated
Mine is a caravelle 1610kg front axle so tyres are fine but I'm worried about the offset, I don't want the wheels sitting proud of the arches and the rear tyre overhanging the bumper too much
Please if you have any pictures rear and front view pointing down the side of your vans I will be much appreciated if you could share them
Another sleepless night ahead !!!!

So, for my T32 I've seen that 265/40 tyres with ET40 offset are the recommendations (thanks @BognorMotors) but I'm fancying BBS SV 20" rims, which appear to the ET45. Is this going to be an issue, does anyone know?

Thanks!

Do you know the rim width as well @Dave F? Are you looking at the 9" width?

The offset difference is 5mm, but presumably there will also be a difference between a 265 tyre sitting on different size rims.

I run 9" wide rims with a 48mm offset.

The outer rim of the wheel sits exactly 10mm inboard of the wheel arch on the front, and 20mm inboard of the wheel arch on the rear. ( they are both 10mm now as I fitted 10mm spacers to the rears ).
In my opinion, this is the perfect amount of wheel poke and does not rub the inner arch at all.

Thanks lads, good info. I decided against getting those BBS SV's at the mo - going to spend my money on sound-proofing, carpet-lining, audio upgrade by New Wave Conversions in April. They're fitting B14's too so I'll only need to fit wheels and that'll be that!
(BBS SV's plus decent tyres were working out a bit steep too :()

I’ve found all the main brands are too soft and wear quickly. We fit a lot of budgets(harder compound) or nangkangs, especially the AS-1 and get good mileage and road manners from them.

I’ve found all the main brands are too soft and wear quickly. We fit a lot of budgets(harder compound) or nangkangs, especially the AS-1 and get good mileage and road manners from them.

Interesting. I did run Nankangs a few years ago (on my T5) but I found them a bit too noisy. I've been running Uniroyal Rainsport 3's for the past few years and find them perfect in the wet (which is mostly what we have up here!). Maybe if I drove like I'm in a van......

Hello, can anyone tell ( Oli ) what tire size is best suited for the Riviera RV120 8.5J ET35 20 inch ?

Thanks...RV120%20Matt%20Black1[1].jpg

I wouldn't run 275 on an 8.5" wheel but it looks like you are stuck with it too be t32 load rated.

Otherwise 255/40/17 101 load.

We’ve run loads of 275/35/20 on 8.5 - You will have no issues. Even though the recommended is narrower.

You can run the 265/40/20 as an option, if you want to run a narrower tyre - If you are T32, then this is the one to go for, for the 104 load rating.

Back