Best drive away awning

Bob

Just converted a T6 and had a multi-rail fitted. Am now looking for a quick-to-erect drive away tent (small to medium size). Any recommendations? Regards, Bob.

Having done the same, I keep coming back to the OLPro Cubo Breeze inflatable tent for the best combination of price and utility. Have you looked at this? Rgds, Bob.

There's only the 2 of us (plus dog) and I'm trying to keep things as simple as I can - so a cassette sun shade or maybe a simply tarp type sun shade. Add some kind of wind break or similar and I think that's all we need.
However, "we" are not entirely convinced yet.

There's only the 2 of us (plus dog) and I'm trying to keep things as simple as I can - so a cassette sun shade or maybe a simply tarp type sun shade. Add some kind of wind break or similar and I think that's all we need.
However, "we" are not entirely convinced yet.
Maybe start will a wind out Fiamma and see how you get on - you can then use that as the basis of attaching a drive away awning later if you need the space.

Show price -
£850 galli
Bedroom - £49
Carpet - £79

Cheaper elsewhere is you ask me.

Maybe start will a wind out Fiamma and see how you get on - you can then use that as the basis of attaching a drive away awning later if you need the space.
You can also get awning sides to make a room or just add a singe sun shade.

At the CCM at NEC tomorrow and this is something I'll be looking at as well.

@Fish, that seems rather steep a grand for a tent that attaches to your van. Clearly a need to surf the net whilst looking around. 'Show deal', bollocks! A two second search on google identifies the tent at £699.99. Are these sales people so monumentally arrogant that they think we are mugs, just because we are a captive audience. I for one have no problems with gathering ideas and walking away empty handed, to purchase cheaper elsewhere.

At the CCM at NEC tomorrow and this is something I'll be looking at as well.

@Fish, that seems rather steep a grand for a tent that attaches to your van. Clearly a need to surf the net whilst looking around. 'Show deal', bollocks! A two second search on google identifies the tent at £699.99. Are these sales people so monumentally arrogant that they think we are mugs, just because we are a captive audience. I for one have no problems with gathering ideas and walking away empty handed, to purchase cheaper elsewhere.

Exactly mate, was disappointed in sales guy, no haggle at all, read it of a display board and that was that.. (Vango stand, Hall 4).. maybe just me?. But I walked away.. massive draw thi was the expoira van there.. first image on CCM thread..

Tell you what tho, Looking at all the caravans and motorhome got me thinking about what i can do to my bus..great ideas now..

I have an outdoor revolution oxygen 2 with
Infallible tubes .
Think they are around £550 ,and £75 for a zip on sun canopy .

I have an outdoor revolution oxygen 2 with
Infallible tubes .
Think they are around £550 ,and £75 for a zip on sun canopy .

TBH, at that price it looked a great bit of kit.. they had a good size stand at the ccm..

Vango Kela III is an excellent bit of kit. I originally bought a Kyham Motordome sleeper off eBay, used it once and sold it on...... yes it's quick to erect the poles but a) then takes ages to peg it all out b) is too bulky and heavy when packed and fitted in van. Bought the Kela and think it's ace.... would even put it up if was staying somewhere for 1 night only it's that easy.

Such a hard choice between all designs and brands..

And without getting hands on each for a couple of days makes it more stressful..

:thumbsdown:

You can also get awning sides to make a room or just add a singe sun shade.
My only concern there would be everyone warning me to roll my Fiamma in when the wind gets up (even with the tie down straps attached and extra pegging plates around the feet I'm a bit nervous about leaving out if winds much above 15mph forecast). No such concerns with my Kela III.

Vango Kela III is an excellent bit of kit. I originally bought a Kyham Motordome sleeper off eBay, used it once and sold it on...... yes it's quick to erect the poles but a) then takes ages to peg it all out b) is too bulky and heavy when packed and fitted in van. Bought the Kela and think it's ace.... would even put it up if was staying somewhere for 1 night only it's that easy.
I'm with you i have the Vango Kela II, its so easy to erect.

Hi all, I am currently having a reimo rail fitted to my van and have started looking at drive away awnings for our holiday in the summer, can anyone suggest options...it's me and the Mrs and 3 little ones so it has to be fairly big!

Ease of putting up and taking down is pretty essential as well.

Thanks

Back