Best Adhesive for front splitter ??

vincethomas

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I could not find anything on forum. I have a splitter that fell off - fitted by previous owner. It fell off on the splitter so it did not stick to fibreglass surround enough. But on the other side was so strong that took the paint off the bumper:D
So Sorted a new bumper in colour and want to put it back on.
What is the best adhesive to get for fibreglass.
Unfortunately I cannot use screws as there is no place to use screws.

If the old adhesive stuck well to one side but not the other there is a good chance that the side that failed was just not keyed or clean enough.
Finding a way to screw it on with some modifications might be better in the long run because it will be a PITA to remove if it gets damaged and it’s stuck on.

If the old adhesive stuck well to one side but not the other there is a good chance that the side that failed was just not keyed or clean enough.
Finding a way to screw it on with some modifications might be better in the long run because it will be a PITA to remove if it gets damaged and it’s stuck on.
Bit tough to screw anything anywhere as ti is just to thin.

20230204_132532 (2).jpg

Penny washers either side to prove some rigidity and use a screw with a nut?

My 1st ABT splitter was originally just 3M double sided tape, the following 2 were bonded on with Tiger Seal and were fine, until I bashed them off.

Any PU (Polyurethane) adhesive will work if surfaces are clean and it's held together for around 6hrs. Sikaflex, tigerseal, PU19 are all about the same.

Back