Beige LWB T32 DSG seat question

betterlife.bike

Hi everyone, I’ve just bought this van for transporting ebikes to customers and also weekend trips with my kids and our bikes. Possibly will convert to a kombi. Might take out the bulk head and put the seats on turntables if that’s something that can be done and also keep the van quiet on the motorway. What’s the best way to keep this van so beautifully quiet whilst making it into a weekend funster? Does anyone know of a bulkhead replacement for noise suppression or anything in this area?
thanks.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I’ve just bought this van for transporting ebikes to customers and also weekend trips with my kids and our bikes. Possibly will convert to a kombi. Might take out the bulk head and put the seats on turntables if that’s something that can be done and also keep the van quiet on the motorway. What’s the best way to keep this van so beautifully quiet whilst making it into a weekend funster? Does anyone know of a bulkhead replacement for noise suppression or anything in this area?
thanks.

Rotating seats can be done - the term swivel is used, so search for that and you’ll find what you need. I’m fairly sure that seats in the Caravelle vans swivel and are removable, so that’ll be a good retrofit.

You can apply sound-deadening mats (like DynaMat) to metalwork to dull its resonance, so it’ll certainly help with the bulkhead. It can only dull it so much, even when a heavy foam (like Dodo-Liner) has been applied on top.
Changing out your tyres from the OEM economy sort to a higher end will help (as I found out with some Pirelli’s) as will changing out the OEM shocks for a better brand (Koni or the like).

But start small. Sound-deaden the whole van - floors, walls, arches, firewall, and see what you think. Carpet lining the exposed metalwork will help. Then look at tyres, then at shocks. Begin cheap, and at the beginning, as stripping a van back to metalwork so you can line it is not fun.

Welcome to the forum.
Don’t forget to leave a message up telling us how we forum members get a discount when hiring your bikes ;)

Rotating seats can be done - the term swivel is used, so search for that and you’ll find what you need. I’m fairly sure that seats in the Caravelle vans swivel and are removable, so that’ll be a good retrofit.

Yes, they do rotate and remove:

You can apply sound-deadening mats (like DynaMat) to metalwork to dull its resonance, so it’ll certainly help with the bulkhead. It can only dull it so much, even when a heavy foam (like Dodo-Liner) has been applied on top.
Changing out your tyres from the OEM economy sort to a higher end will help (as I found out with some Pirelli’s) as will changing out the OEM shocks for a better brand (Koni or the like).

But start small. Sound-deaden the whole van - floors, walls, arches, firewall, and see what you think. Carpet lining the exposed metalwork will help. Then look at tyres, then at shocks. Begin cheap, and at the beginning, as stripping a van back to metalwork so you can line it is not fun.

Welcome to the forum.
Don’t forget to leave a message up telling us how we forum members get a discount when hiring your bikes ;)
Wow! Thanks very much for this really helpful reply! I’ll certainly help you get a good deal on an ebike!

Back