@foggy3061 thanks for that, I swapped one in a Caddy i had for an ex Scirocco one but that did not have MFSW. The horn wouldnt work though with the new airbag but then realised the original was the same and so no drama. This sounds like it was just plug n play. Cheers

Too much to wrote up a build thread now. Ill sort it another time.

But to answer this thread. VW officially call it Mouldy Ass beige. I hate it. Shows scuffs and stuff.

If you're willing to part with just over £1k in parts alone you can do the caravelle gloss dash parts and the Shuttle lower panels and door cards.

View attachment 12139

View attachment 12140

View attachment 12141

View attachment 12142

I have all the part numbers.

Basically all of the lower panels from the Shuttle directly fit the panel van. No modifying at all. The door cards are a straight swap. The caravelle door cards differ with leather in the middle and silver trim and a different design around the upper storage. The caravelle door cards are about £110 more than the shuttle ones.
I went for the shuttle ones.

One thing that doesnt fit though is the lower B pillar trim. The shuttles are taller and wider.

Steve @ Edge Automotive are trimming me the headlining, visors, pillars and associated plastics and ill get Steve to trim the panel van lower b pillars now. Also some new black alcantara/leather seats as the red leather is out of my T5 and it old now.

In my opinion its how VW should offer highline panel vans. So much better. I actually use the upper glove box now. My Vw manual fits in there and customer invoices.

Hi ...how hard is it to fit the upper glove box?

I have just bought a T6 and the lower dash is a beige (Hanging!). VW say there is nothing they can do with it. Problem is the rest of the cab is black/dark grey/light grey. Beige does not belong. Does a Caravelle lower dash fit? I am having it converted to a camper so I want it right.

Does anyone know an independent who will convert lower dash to Dark Grey or black?

Could do with being in the North West if possible.

Did you manage to get someone in the north west to help?

I found a tidy'ish solution for the cooling pipe - cut and shut.

I had a hunt in the garage for a bit of pipe to help with the join, but didn't have anything the right OD, however found a spare Hozelock joint and this works really well. Just wound a couple of turns of insulation tape around the cooling pipe on the outsides, to tighten up the pipe on the connector. My connector was black, so even better ;)

There's plenty of pipe to work with. Measure twice and cut once :thumbsup:

connector.jpeg

I've been searching for the thread that covers the fitting of the lower dash centre console and the comfort dash stage by stage but can't find it....can someone help?

Bumping the post back up, so I’m torn between changing the lower dash to black like @RattyMcClelland or go alcantara on top of he beige... I’ve stripped the beige bits down but look like a pain to do and if someone kicks it may tear

hi Kearney had art grey lower dash bought some plasti dye from wurth it comes in black and anthracite looks very similar to the rest of the dash now might be worth a go I think it was around £15 a tube it really is a good match got some photos on my phone I can send to you so you can see what it looks like

hi Kearney had art grey lower dash bought some plasti dye from wurth it comes in black and anthracite looks very similar to the rest of the dash now might be worth a go I think it was around £15 a tube it really is a good match got some photos on my phone I can send to you so you can see what it looks like
I’ve seen the dye stuff before and heard mixed reviews... stick the pics on here?

as you can see I not to good on computer photo of seat and b pillar show seat trim which as been dyed b pillar original colour armrest was art grey you can see where some as come off lower dash was also art grey it recovers easy if scratched hope this helps d pillar was light beige

So here I am a few years on with a van with a crappy dash. Would like to change all my beige lower dash for black or grey and my middle upper dash for genuine vw comfort parts (vents/glove box/radio surround with vents/speedo dial surround). Has anyone done it recently? Do the part no’s in this thread stand? What’s the 2020 cost ? Any advice greatly received.

@Keefff Hi I don't see why the part numbers would have changed. I have been looking at this for a T6 Highline I'm hoping to be picking up at the weekend. While researching I came across this video on how to fit the lower half. Looks quite straightforward and also mention re the cooling pipe fitting without cutting..

I have made enquiries with my local VW garage, they have been a bit reluctant to order the dash parts, particularly the upper comfort gloss dash as my VIN doesn’t match. I have acquired and fitted centre vent panel & inst surround in gloss black from EBay, just waiting for outer vents to come up (cheap). For lower dash, I am now confident of part no’s for Titan black, just saving up as its circa £600 fm VW parts online.

I have made enquiries with my local VW garage, they have been a bit reluctant to order the dash parts, particularly the upper comfort gloss dash as my VIN doesn’t match. I have acquired and fitted centre vent panel & inst surround in gloss black from EBay, just waiting for outer vents to come up (cheap). For lower dash, I am now confident of part no’s for Titan black, just saving up as its circa £600 fm VW parts online.
My dealer just went to the used vans and found one with the dash I wanted took a picture of the vin number and used that to or meet parts.
I understand you are changing the bottom section which I didn’t but should as long as you have the vin of a van with what you won’t they will fit.
ABACC4BA-A065-4290-BCD9-D292C8F55DEE.png

The part numbers still stand and can be found on the forum, I changed the lower dash to Titan Black and added the 'velle central drinks holder - all ordered new from VW. I haven't changed any of the upper dash though. Door cards were second hand and have the fabric inserts and ambient lighting too! One thing to be aware if you have a Kombi there are no VW titan black lower B pillars - these will need to be dyed / painted (still on my list of jobs!)

Thanks @Dave F for upper dash - yours looking good. I am doing this first just have two part no options for outer vents in gloss black: 7E6 819203E GVK or 7E6 819203G GVK both ‘Satin’ black - assumption this is shiny gloss? Which did you order?

Thanks @T6Paul for info on Lower dash. I am doing this later, but door cards first. Looking at ordering a set from Poland with cloth insert in Titan black. Fitment looks straight forward.

Back