Been lurking for a week or so now....

ausyray

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hey, thought I should introduce myself.

I've been lurking and liking posts for a little while. I've just traded my Tourneo Connect in for a Silver 65 plate T28, 102 Bluemotion SWB. I'm based in Crosby, Liverpool. He's my daily driver and I'm pretty certain that I'm never going back to a car/car sized vehicle again.

Camperversions in Darwen managed to fit me in at short notice for some windows and carpets etc. so I am without my little moneypit until Thursday. In the meantime, I've built a low level bed/sleeping area for the back 1.2m of the van, we have spent a small fortune on the most colourful array of cushions we could find so hopefully we will be out for our (almost) maiden camping trip this weekend (the first was in a car park after a wedding using the ququq from the Tourneo)

Anyway the forum has been incredibly helpful so far and the few people I've messaged have been brilliant. I'm looking forward to many years of pleasant ownership and motorway waves. (I assume most of the forum crew give some acknowledgement to other VW vans/buses?, or is that reserved for the more classic vehicles?)

Edit: thought I'd mention that you'll probably catch me commuting between Liverpool and Stockport most days.

Welcome to the madhouse, let the fun Begin, although for you it already has lol.. Good going and welcome along m8..

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:. I wave to anything that waves to me first, or to campers / modified vans - I just don't often wave to the regular builders or work vans.
Need to get some photos up once you get the van back.

Similar sounding van to mine, tis my first modern van and I'm equally impressed at how easy they are to drive as a car compared to say a transit of 15 years ago

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:. I wave to anything that waves to me first, or to campers / modified vans - I just don't often wave to the regular builders or work vans.
Need to get some photos up once you get the van back.

I'm hoping that now the windows are in Charlotte (the boss) will be more inclined to let me make the van look more campervanesque/modified, it might make us a little more obvious for the waves then. I think she's quite keen on a vinyl wrap in some sort of bright purple (will have to see how that goes, seems a full van wrap is quite expensive).

Hey, thought I should introduce myself.

I've been lurking and liking posts for a little while. I've just traded my Tourneo Connect in for a Silver 65 plate T28, 102 Bluemotion SWB. I'm based in Crosby, Liverpool. He's my daily driver and I'm pretty certain that I'm never going back to a car/car sized vehicle again.

Camperversions in Darwen managed to fit me in at short notice for some windows and carpets etc. so I am without my little moneypit until Thursday. In the meantime, I've built a low level bed/sleeping area for the back 1.2m of the van, we have spent a small fortune on the most colourful array of cushions we could find so hopefully we will be out for our (almost) maiden camping trip this weekend (the first was in a car park after a wedding using the ququq from the Tourneo)

Anyway the forum has been incredibly helpful so far and the few people I've messaged have been brilliant. I'm looking forward to many years of pleasant ownership and motorway waves. (I assume most of the forum crew give some acknowledgement to other VW vans/buses?, or is that reserved for the more classic vehicles?)

Edit: thought I'd mention that you'll probably catch me commuting between Liverpool and Stockport most days.

For my sins im living in Warrington but work in Stockport so if you see a white and pink T6 on M62 give me a honk ha

For my sins im living in Warrington but work in Stockport so if you see a white and pink T6 on M62 give me a honk ha
I'm surprised I haven't seen you before. Maybe I wasn't looking. I'll be sure to beep if I see you.

IMG_7480.JPG IMG_7535.JPG

Before and after.

Some interior pics to come when I decorate over the weekend.

Need to make it look more cared for/modded so that we get more waves. Need to review everyone else's vans for ideas. Quite tempted to save up and wrap it purple.

IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0261.JPG

Bed/lounge built. Unfortunately, I also managed to scrape scrape the wing mirror when visiting the in laws... nothing major, but still upsetting. Gives me a good excuse to get wrapped sooner. :)

Need to build a unit, to go over the dogs area and get the lights off batteries and wired in.

It's definitely on its way.

Back