Beach 3 seat bench removal

Karstenkamper

Hi,

Im collecting my California Beach next week and want to remove the 3 seat bench as I won't be using it.

Is this difficult to do and should the seat be brought as far forwards to the front and then bring it out from the side doors, or, as far back and then bring it out from the tailgate?

thanks for your help.

Hi,

Im collecting my California Beach next week and want to remove the 3 seat bench as I won't be using it.

Is this difficult to do and should the seat be brought as far forwards to the front and then bring it out from the side doors, or, as far back and then bring it out from the tailgate?

thanks for your help.
I think you can only remove it from the front end of the rails, so via the sliding-door.

It’s bloody heavy, mind!

I think you can only remove it from the front end of the rails, so via the sliding-door.

It’s bloody heavy, mind!
I have heard that's its very heavy!. Do you happen to know if it has anything detachable like under seat drawers that can be removed to lighten the weight before lifting it out?

thanks DXX, this is helpful especially about the weight and size needing 2 people. I think the California 3 seat bench is even harder than the Kombi in your link mostly due to weight of the 3 seat bench as it becomes a camping bed and it has metal drawers under it which is all part of the seat mechanism.

Hi,

thanks for your help.
It’s easy when you know how.

It’s easy when you know how.

Thats fantastic video - its really easy!
Now I just need to find a TV cabinet on very large caster wheels that's Exactly the same height as the floor of the Beach and then widen the driveway so I can wheel the Tv cabinet to the garage! lol
Id a feeling that moving this rear bench out was not going to be without some challenges!

Thanks for posting that video though - it actually is very useful.

Back