Battery dead after working in the van

WeaversT6

T6 Pro
Hi

Decided to remove all the timber panelling/ bulkhead today in preparation for starting the conversion.

I was probably messing around for 90mins, doors open (so interior light on) and radio on.

When I then came to start it, it was completely dead. Luckily I’ve got a boost start charger which did the trick.

Surely this shouldn’t happen? I’ve never had an issue with cars before, let’s say if I’m cleaning it and have the radio on......

Any suggestions? It’s a 2017 van, no other signs of battery issues.

Thanks

What battery have you got?

Got a pic of the starter battery?

The Varta is a good battery . . . (OEM factory fit Varta EFB+ or Varta AGM)

with a life expectancy of around 3-5years

you say your van is 2017 . . . so that battery might need replacing soon if its 4years old? - original battery with van?

i would suggest that you try a 24hr smart charge an retest before going for a new battery.

its most likely just run down over the winter months and needs a good full charge . .

more info here:

if the full recharge doesn't bring it back . . . then look at a new battery . ..

Many thanks, some helpful info in those threads! I think I’ll look to replace it, I’ve already got an OBDeleven reader too so should be ok with coding.

Thank you

And yes, I assume it’s the original battery

More good stuff here:

Have you got a decent smart charger? That will charge AGM.?

Have a look at the battery charger thread above.

The 15A Victron or the 10A NOCO are my current favs.

Any idea how to decipher this code to work out the manufacture date? I’m trying to establish if it’s the original battery.

7E184183-ECAA-4AB5-A70D-37C6782FB04A.jpeg

It’s missing the insulated lid which is making me wonder if it has been changed

Is this not your battery then?

NEG post on left. With cover.

the POS doesn't come with a cover AFAIK.
Screenshot_20210305-080759_Chrome.jpg

this is mine . . .

upper 2 digits - week in a year in order;
bottom 2 digits - last digits of the year of manufacture

#47 - 47 week
#17 - 2017 year

FYI its a MY18 van.

1614933579050.png

1614933613865.png

1614933640097.png

you should only have one cover . . . that's on the NEG post to remind you not to clamp chargers to that post.

1614933691807.png

post a pic of yours . . . . .

Last edited:
Out of interest, where should you clamp the charger then? When I jump started yesterday, I did just that

Back