Battery crimp tool recommendations

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
More helpful advice required please. I’m going to attempt to rectify the electrical installation myself and need one of those crimp tools that can handle battery and large connectors - can anyone recommend one they’ve used?

Have a read of this from post 160 on..

More helpful advice required please. I’m going to attempt to rectify the electrical installation myself and need one of those crimp tools that can handle battery and large connectors - can anyone recommend one they’ve used?
I have a cheap Chinese eBay hex crimping tool that I bought for the job of battery terminals and other bits on my build. It’s OK, just. Dependent quite a bit on the quality of the terminals used. In fact I used a mix of die sizes either side of the crimp to get a good squeeze on the cheap terminals. OK for the few times I have needed it but it wouldn’t do for trade use or even keen amateur long term.

I use these for the big stuff..

Plus a large club hammer.

Then some heat shrink over top.

Screenshot_20200819-060315_Amazon Shopping.jpg

You just assemble the lug and cable.

Lift up the spring loaded die.

Then smash the top with a heavy hummer......job done.

Or you can use a plumbers blow lamp and solder on....but that takes practice to make a good job without burning the cable.

Have a read of this from post 160 on..

Thanks, I went for one of the recomendations;
Crimper

Now onto cabling:)

Last edited:
heres a few bits i use :

Cable Crimper HS-16 1.25-16mm? 50Amp -

HS-16 1.25-16mm? 50Amp Cable Crimper Crimping Terminal Wire Plier Cutter Fitting: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

1678525238826.png

Cable Crimper SWA RP625 Ratchet for Uninsulated Terminals 6 mm-25 mm -

SWA RP625 Crimping Tool Ratchet for Uninsulated Terminals 6 mm-25 mm: Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science

1678525415412.png

+

Draper 64335 Battery Terminal Crimping Tool -

Draper 64335 Battery Terminal Crimping Tool: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

1678525395898.png

+

Aussel 8 Tons 9 Dies Hydraulic Crimping Tool -

Aussel 8 Tons 9 Dies Hydraulic Crimper, Hydraulic Crimping Tool 4-70mm², Wire Battery Cable Lug Terminal Crimper: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

1678525327093.png

+

Wire Stripper INSMA Multifunctional Stripping Tool -

https://amzn.to/2ENwsQZ

1678525305765.png

+

Glarks MC3 MC4 Crimper Solar Crimping Tools for 2.5/4/6mm² Solar Panel PV Cable -

https://amzn.to/2QeMtET

1678525289096.png

+

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread
Kit List And Stuff -- How I Done It & What I Use --

Last edited:
Back