Battery And Internal Lights / Dash Panel

Jmac

Had my van for a few months now and noticed it I don't drive it for a few weeks the battery does lose charge (barely started last week). Anyway, though the van is on the drive I am often in and out of it. I noticed the internal lights and dashboard display light up whenever I open a door (and keep it open), and they stay on for ages (well over 5 minutes). If I close the doors and lock it then yes they go out but the doors / tailgate are always being opened when we are camping and if we don't move the van for a week then I'm worried it won't start.

2 questions

1) Should I be worried that doing this too often will drain the battery ?

2) Is there a way to configure the length of time these lights stay on?

1 Depends how long between driving and how often you are in and out of it (could consider changing internal bulbs to LED with lower power consumption and/or turning off interior roof lights when not in use )

2 No, the timer is a set timed relay that is not adjustable/programmable

1 Depends how long between driving and how often you are in and out of it (could consider changing internal bulbs to LED with lower power consumption and/or turning off interior roof lights when not in use )

2 No, the timer is a set timed relay that is not adjustable/programmable

Thanks Pauly, I'll switch off all the internal lights and that should minimise the problem.

You can disable the interior lights coming on with the rear lid opening using VCDS

Back