Barn Doors to Tailgate converter?

Kevlmcm

How's it going guys, does anyone know of any companies in West Midlands- Wales- South West that does a full barn door to tailgate conversion and any idea of prices if you do. I was thinking of changing my van as I want a tailgate but I've done a lot over the last year to get it how I want it and I think a tailgate is the final piece of the puzzle.

Thanks

How's it going guys, does anyone know of any companies in West Midlands- Wales- South West that does a full barn door to tailgate conversion and any idea of prices if you do. I was thinking of changing my van as I want a tailgate but I've done a lot over the last year to get it how I want it and I think a tailgate is the final piece of the puzzle.

Thanks
@EddCameron would be my port of call.

I have recently purchased my first T6 van to convert and plan on getting the rear doors changing to a tailgate door first. Could any one advise of anywhere I can get this done? I live in the Bristol area but happy to travel a bit further out if need be. Im finding it very difficult to find any one who can help! Thanks

why didn't you buy a tailgate ? just out of curiosity
A combination of two things really, The price of the van was pretty good compared to others I had looked at and also an element of being too impatient to wait for the ideal one.

Hi, new T6 owner here (barn doors).... just starting out on my journey to get the van exactly how I want it and I was wondering if anyone knew a really good tailgate conversion company? ( also if it's a bad idea to do it? I noticed a few people mention weaker hinges?!)... And also any idea of the cost involved to do the conversion? I really love the Van interior, styling and it's low miles and looks great outside it just needs some tweaking to get it perfect so ideally I don't want to change it for a tailgate van and start again. The OEM tailgate rear lights are also much nicer that those available for the barn doors and I think that's probably going to make a big difference to the rear end... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated... cheers. Bob

Hi Bobby, although i have nothing to add to your post. Have you used the search function on here to see other posters have covered the subject?

Hiya, yes I've read heaps on how to do the conversion over the last few days , but I think it's a bit beyond my skillset to attempt it myself so hoping I can find someone willing to take the job on!

Hiya, yes I've read heaps on how to do the conversion over the last few days , but I think it's a bit beyond my skillset to attempt it myself so hoping I can find someone willing to take the job on!

Hi Bobby
I’ve just started the same process
Got a second hand tailgate. Will be looking for all the bits necessary to do the job. Not by me tho not very technical. I will keep you updated.

Hi Bobby
I’ve just started the same process
Got a second hand tailgate. Will be looking for all the bits necessary to do the job. Not by me tho not very technical. I will keep you updated.
Oh super, look forward to hearing how you get on, did you find someone on here to help?

why didn't you buy a tailgate ? just out of curiosity
Similar for me, I found close to the perfect campervan I wanted, low miles, great condition, lovely colour scheme and detailing so almost exactly what I was looking for apart from the barn doors so I thought I'm not going to find something that close to what I'm looking to achieve without some compromise... if the tailgate is a real hassle I'll leave it, I was just interested as it creates a cleaner looking back end and can fit those lovely 6.1 rear sequential led lights... which don't seem to be available for the barn door vans as far I'm aware?

As mentioned above, I carried out my own conversion, with VolksFit doing the electrical. They’d do the whole shebang, if you’re happy to drive over to Pershore? I know @Eddcameron does travel, so he may be able to come to you if you don’t like the idea of driving east.
... can fit those lovely 6.1 rear sequential led lights... which don't seem to be available for the barn door vans as far I'm aware?
Not the tailgate ones, no. Barn door T6.1 lights are available but they’re not LED

Back