Barn doors - bike rack for 4 and tow caravan?

George76

Can it be done?
We currently have an older camper with tailgate and a great bike rack for 4 bikes. We want to buy a newer camper and tailgate option pushes up the price and makes them harder to find. So I’m trying to work out if I can put 4 bikes on barn doors and still be able to tow a caravan. Any ideas? Thanks

I used to have a MaxxRaxx rack on the back of my estate car that allowed me to carry 4x bikes and tow my caravan.
Rack, which is removeable, attaches to a plate mounted behind the tow ball.
I am yet to try it with my T6 as the tow bar is still on the to-do list.
I am expecting it to work fine on the T6 although it could hinder use of the rear barn doors, but I will not be needing those while in transit.
I have not managed to find a door mounted rack for more than 2x bikes. Apparently the hinges aren't up to it.

I used to have a MaxxRaxx rack on the back of my estate car that allowed me to carry 4x bikes and tow my caravan.
Rack, which is removeable, attaches to a plate mounted behind the tow ball.
I am yet to try it with my T6 as the tow bar is still on the to-do list.
I am expecting it to work fine on the T6 although it could hinder use of the rear barn doors, but I will not be needing those while in transit.
I have not managed to find a door mounted rack for more than 2x bikes. Apparently the hinges aren't up to it.
Ok cool! Thanks for that info

Back