Barn Door Wiper Delete

Butcher8109

T6 Pro
Hi all,

been lurking in the shadows for a bit but finally picked up my T6 at the weekend.
couple little things done already and I’m booked in for suspension and wheels come September.
One thing I really would like to do is get rid of those rear wipers on the barn doors.
I’ve had a search but can’t find any info or kits. Plenty for wipers in glass but nothing for the barn door body work set up.
Anyone know if it’s possible or anyone that’s done it?

thanks all!
Ed

9D7F106A-9786-44BF-8578-AE619C5348CA.jpeg

I have the same set up and find them very useful when the roads are dirty and wet - the glass gets very dirty.

I used this company based in Crete to source one for my Porsche 996. They paint them in many colours. Ordered online and everything arrived perfectly.

I have the same set up and find them very useful when the roads are dirty and wet - the glass gets very dirty.

I used this company based in Crete to source one for my Porsche 996. They paint them in many colours. Ordered online and everything arrived perfectly.

fantastic thank you. I’ll take a look.
I find the tint on my rear doors is so dark I can hardly see through it anyway!
Thanks for the reply :)

fantastic thank you. I’ll take a look.
I find the tint on my rear doors is so dark I can hardly see through it anyway!
Thanks for the reply :)

I can take some pictures of mine if you want - I never fitted it. If you have an engineering friend with a lathe they wouldnt be that difficult to make, copying the design. I’ve seen them in the flesh fitted to 911’s and they look very discreet.

You’ve got me thinking about it now! Remember there are the washer fluid pipes to deal with!
Ian

PS they only seem to do black for the transporter but do other colours in the Porsche range.

I can take some pictures of mine if you want - I never fitted it. If you have an engineering friend with a lathe they wouldnt be that difficult to make, copying the design. I’ve seen them in the flesh fitted to 911’s and they look very discreet.

You’ve got me thinking about it now! Remember there are the washer fluid pipes to deal with!
Ian

PS they only seem to do black for the transporter but do other colours in the Porsche range.

they look like they’d be suitable for body work rather than glass too.
yes. I’ve seen a couple of videos of people just bagging and cable tying the washer lines? ... must be a better way than that but I guess it’s more reversible that way

Ordered a set of these! They’re a great fit and finish Thanks for the recommendation

Back