Please post full VCDS Auto-Scan - it's not too easy to try to extract bytes/bits from pictures. Also there are dependencies on other control modules... thus full scan is essential.

Assuming @Ads_Essex did all the hard work....

Please change the following:

byte 2 from 31(hex) to 39(hex)​
byte 7 from 32(hex) to 12(hex)​
just type in full bytes as above (instead of ticking the individual bits)​
and try the output test again.
I'm on my laptop, not the wife's, so haven't opened your excel file to check it yet..

Just checked the decoder file with what you have @motochamp125 and what @mmi suggested.

Try ^ coding first and see what you get.
Further to that...
Do you have a rear wiper installed? Byte 14 bit 3 shows you have. If not, change that from 1 to 0.
Do you now have LED tail lamps (standard, no resistors) installed? If so, consider changing byte 18 to hex 73.
What about LED numberplate lights? If OEM LED consider changing byte 27 to hex 3F.

• Love
Reactions: mmi
thank you for the feedback Guys @Ads_Essex @mmi i somehow didn`t have access to the forum for couple of days. looks like my internet provider messed it up.

So the case is that wiring loom of the tailgate had the T17 (female side) cut off. So I only have the T17 (male side) from the body side. so for the door release motor (W139) I rooted a wire directly (bypassing T17 of the body) to pin 10 . from the door switch (handle E234) I rooted directly (bypassing T17 on body side) to pin 23 of BCM. I assumed that since I wire directly from E234 and W139 to BCM I do not need pin13 & Pin 14 on the T17 Body side to be bridged back to the BCM 10 and 23. I guess that is the mistake. I will bridge them today in several hours and let you know the result. I also just noticed I missed to make the connection B437 the lock and handle. I used the bellow diagram.

I don`t have LED lights and i don`t have rear heating and no rear viper.. I only have red Number plates. i will update the coding. I am just not 100% sure how to read the full coding as i have done only small changes till now on my old van like Tempomat activation and so on.

thank you again cheers

T6 rear lid wiring diagram.png

It is working.. it is working :)... after changing the coding to what @mmi advised:

byte 2 from 31(hex) to 39(hex)
byte 7 from 32(hex) to 12(hex)

it got sorted out. Wiring was correct. bellow is the long coding just before hitting the "do it" button.

thank you again @mmi and @Ads_Essex without the info and feedback, the whole process would have been impossible :)
Execllent result! Jumping.gif
Thanks for sharing!

1000008062.jpg

Has anyone here done the conversion using oem parts and not used the aftermarket strut mount gubbins? I can't see any reference tonit in this entire thread, nor when searching.
I haven't got access to someone with a t6 and factory tailgate to take a look at how it's constructed. I may go and loiter around tesco car park and hope one drives in and i can jump on the driver for access to his back end to take pictures.

I have done the tailgate conversion a few months ago but not had any luck finding an auto electrician to get the handle, top brake light and number plate lights working. Does anyone have any recommendations? Based in Kent. Thanks

I have done the tailgate conversion a few months ago but not had any luck finding an auto electrician to get the handle, top brake light and number plate lights working. Does anyone have any recommendations? Based in Kent. Thanks
I don’t know of anyone local but am happy to help if you want to send me a direct message.

Hi All,

Could someone help me with the coding too please
Thanks @PhillH unfortunately the code from the you tube clip looks nothing like the one i currently have and I can't make head nor tail of it.

My current code - A82CA1BA0A61343192284E106E6B9C55008071FF60860040320000000800
from you tube - A0A8393A0E212091002008102C2B8C500080430F60060000320000000000

Last edited:
Back