Barn door Open sensors.

Bardot

Nor sure if this should be Carista section but: I am not getting any warning for either of my rear doors being open. Carista gives feedback error for left rear and a separate error message for trunk which I guess relates to the right rear. Have tried reset but no joy. Grateful for suggestions guys.

Possibly the door microswitches - people have reported errors in sliding and front doors, so that may be worth a punt.

Don’t ask me how to check them, mind..

Please post the actual fault codes/messages.

The thing that seems odd to me is 4 weeks ago Carista showed zero faults. As I have barn doors I assume they would each have a micro switch. I find it hard to believe they would both fail so i'm thinking the error is something that would affect both doors at the same time? I know zero about such things but are they a the same CAMBUS if that makes sense?

I will go run the checks again.
Now I am more confused; I am not getting any fault codes. But the fault is still there in that I get zero indication I have left the rear doors open. The codes showed on at least four scams earlier each time saying unable to reset. They both said something like feedback error or feedback loop? One for left rear and one for 'Trunk'

Now I am more confused; I am not getting any fault codes. But the fault is still there in that I get zero indication I have left the rear doors open. The codes showed on at least four scams earlier each time saying unable to reset. They both said something like feedback error or feedback loop? One for left rear and one for 'Trunk'
Intermittent faults won't remain in memory forever. Some of them seem to fade away in about 10-20 hours (running time). I'd guess sticky microswitches somewhere - so for the faults they don't cause any conflict. The microswitches are wired to BCM (Central electrics) so not seen directly on the CANbus.

Perhaps you could have a play with remote to check that the rear doors lock and unlock properly.

Also could grab "Detailed ECU Info" in Carista - especially module 09 for this one. Just in case... and future reference ...and as a backup of van's configuration ;)

Intermittent faults won't remain in memory forever. Some of them seem to fade away in about 10-20 hours (running time). I'd guess sticky microswitches somewhere - so for the faults they don't cause any conflict. The microswitches are wired to BCM (Central electrics) so not seen directly on the CANbus.

Perhaps you could have a play with remote to check that the rear doors lock and unlock properly.

Also could grab "Detailed ECU Info" in Carista - especially module 09 for this one. Just in case... and future reference ...and as a backup of van's configuration ;)
Thanks for the tips MMI . I have now checked door locking is working. Not sure what you mean by module 09 but I will look into it. (Very new to all this). Surely the fault is not intermittent if I still don't get open door warnings. Would the wiring for the switches be something I could check out?

Reactions: mmi
I get an intermittent error on mine Central Electronics 03304 Feedback Locked-Position rear-right.

I assume it’s to do with the offside sliding door but doesn’t seem to cause any bother. It’s worse in very cold weather and comes on a scan more often then.

Yours sound like it is the trunk error highlighting a problem so you need to grab that code when it next pops up.

Reactions: mmi
Thanks for the tips MMI . I have now checked door locking is working. Not sure what you mean by module 09 but I will look into it. (Very new to all this). Surely the fault is not intermittent if I still don't get open door warnings. Would the wiring for the switches be something I could check out?
Sorry... (control) module 09 aka BCM (Body Control Module), aka Central Electrics or Central Electronics in Carista.
The microswitches are "hidden" in locking modules, but yes, I would disconnect connectors (behind rear door panel, I think (if it's the same structure as with tailgate)) to see that something happens - a fault code, door open sign on dash, etc. Maybe gentle tapping the modules to see if that helps. Appreciate if you could post your findings :thumbsup:

EDIT: Perhaps some help here:

I get an intermittent error on mine Central Electronics 03304 Feedback Locked-Position rear-right.

I assume it’s to do with the offside sliding door but doesn’t seem to cause any bother. It’s worse in very cold weather and comes on a scan more often then.
"Under investigation" - thanks for the input "worse in very cold weather" - noted down :thumbsup:.

Back