Best Barn-Door Bike Rack?

This is most probably a daft question. Could you have two 973 racks, one on each door and mount 4 bike on the two combined racks? I know you wouldn't be able to open the doors with the bikes on it. Just my brain working in its usual strange way.

Hi,
we have recently bought a T6 with barn doors but need to be able to carry three bikes, I’d rather not have a tow bar though.

are there any options, I have been googling but can’t really figure what the kit is I need

can anyone help?

thanks

Which bike rack did you go with in the end?

Hi i was wondering if anyone can tell me the best bike carrier for a T6 with twin opening rear doors and a spoiler ,and if you have a tow bar fitted can the doors still open .
Thanks Gav

Search the forum for the Fiamma twin door bike rack, the doors can open with bikes attached.

I recall a someone making modifications to their spoiler to accept a bike rack:

I’ve also seen something about bolting the top brackets to the door rather than hooking over it.

Hi
I think I can remember a YouTube video on the California Time channel where a Thule compact (two bike) tow bar rack does allow doors to open with bikes on.

The rack hinges and lowers the bikes still in the rack to the ground, shown with tailgate but didn’t see any reason wouldn’t work also with barn doors?

Worth a look.

All, looking to get the Fiamma Carry-Bike for my T6.1 with barn doors. Quick question to all that have it - Does it take 2 mountain bikes easy enough? I've got a aluminium Scott Spark dual sus and the Mrs has a Trek hardtail. They weights are similar, circa 14Kg each.

All, looking to get the Fiamma Carry-Bike for my T6.1 with barn doors. Quick question to all that have it - Does it take 2 mountain bikes easy enough? I've got a aluminium Scott Spark dual sus and the Mrs has a Trek hardtail. They weights are similar, circa 14Kg each.
Hi, Just had the 2 bike Fiamma fitted. Total weight it carries is 35kg, so you'll be fine. Put the heaviest bike nearest the back door is what's advised. I don't have any issues with space, I turn one set of handlebars in just to keep it neat, but you don't have to. I load up two Trek hybrids with mudguards, pannier racks etc all attached

Hi, Just had the 2 bike Fiamma fitted. Total weight it carries is 35kg, so you'll be fine. Put the heaviest bike nearest the back door is what's advised. I don't have any issues with space, I turn one set of handlebars in just to keep it neat, but you don't have to. I load up two Trek hybrids with mudguards, pannier racks etc all attached
Top notch, thanks for that. You like it? Just about to push the button on mine.

Yeah I do, you might be surprised by how high it is, the bikes do stick out over the roof a bit, it may be a struggle for some to lift the bike that high, but I don't find it an issue. I got the silver/aluminium colour, but there is a black version available which has now come down in price last time I looked.

Fiamma also advise that you can't use a bike cover with this model of rack if were looking for that kind of thing. I find it secure, and had no issues on bumpy dirt roads getting to off road trails.

Yeah I do, you might be surprised by how high it is, the bikes do stick out over the roof a bit, it may be a struggle for some to lift the bike that high, but I don't find it an issue. I got the silver/aluminium colour, but there is a black version available which has now come down in price last time I looked.

Fiamma also advise that you can't use a bike cover with this model of rack if were looking for that kind of thing. I find it secure, and had no issues on bumpy dirt roads getting to off road trails.
Ordered! Best deal seemed to be on JustKampers for the black one. Although the premium for the black one is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Well done, hope you like it. I think the difference in price between the colours is around £90 give or take, 2 months ago it was £170 !
You can order extra straps and arms, there's lots to add- and you can also add on Fiamma storage boxes if you need extra luggage space if you are going somewhere without the bikes.
Must admit I did buy a couple of cheap waterproof saddle covers just so they didn't get completely trashed and remained dry for the start of a ride. I think they were by 'Northdeer' and they are available on Amazon for a few quid, lots of alternatives there also.

Well done, hope you like it. I think the difference in price between the colours is around £90 give or take, 2 months ago it was £170 !
You can order extra straps and arms, there's lots to add- and you can also add on Fiamma storage boxes if you need extra luggage space if you are going somewhere without the bikes.
Must admit I did buy a couple of cheap waterproof saddle covers just so they didn't get completely trashed and remained dry for the start of a ride. I think they were by 'Northdeer' and they are available on Amazon for a few quid, lots of alternatives there also.
Yeah, I may also fabricate some brackets to the underside of the arm to hold snowboards. I'll see how confident I feel when I get it put together.

I'll get a look at them too.

Here is the one I fitted:

Back