Bang from rear with rough roads/ potholes [Resolved]

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
Hi, I noticed I have a loud "bang, bang" from the rear whenever I go over a pothole, rough surface, whenever the suspension has to move a little bit harder. Doesn't seem to matter which wheel goes over a bump but I'm suspecting it's the RH rear area making the noise.

Definitely from the rear, had a look at spare wheel carrier and anti roll bar.
Springs are not broken- std suspension btw.

Nothing obvious found.. what's the common issues with standard suspension noise?

How old?
What suspension?

Check rear shock bushes.

Hmmmm, will get it checked, just had a service at whats meant to be a excellent independent mid June so will be miffed if they didn't spot that.

Solved!!! Brembo pads are smaller than the originals allowing them to bounce about.

Pads out, anti seize and squeeze the anti rattle spring shims with needle nose pliers and all good.

They were the standard rear Bilstein bushes(from
Memory) Bilstein make the seikel shocks.

According to the Seigel web site their shocks use KONI or MONROE dampers for Transporters , they did use Bilstein a long time ago but dropped them for the KONI Raid and Heavy track type shocks . Koni dont have big issues with their bushes because the dampers are a little smoother so they dont put excessive stress on the Bushes .

Back