Bala - pubs/stopovers/sites to see?

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi all,

Thinking of heading up to Bala and surrounding area this weekend. Can anyone recommend any pubs/stopovers/sites to see? Also looking for some britstop type stopovers for the nights. Any and all advice welcomed.

thx in advance

cz.

I’ve stayed in the car park on what I think was the west end on the opposite side of the lake to the town. Late arrival, early to pack up, wasn’t bothered by anybody.

I’ve stayed in the car park on what I think was the west end on the opposite side of the lake to the town. Late arrival, early to pack up, wasn’t bothered by anybody.
Thanks for that. probably what we will do if no one can recommend a friendly pub :)

When my children were small we used to go to that area of North Wales, but after 4 years we stopped, we would regularly receive very poor service in pubs, chip shops and restaurants because we spoke the wrong language. One evening I was in a queue in the chip shop, when it was finally my turn to be served a chap walked in and spoke Welsh. Guess what, he was served before me!!! I never went back, but had some fantastic holidays in other parts of the UK where we were made very welcome.
The strange irony is that I was born and went to primary school in Llanymynech!
Hopefully things have changed over the last 20 years.

Bala steam railway at the far end of the lake if you like trains and theres a few campsites round the back of the lake for.you to explore. Barmouth a little seaside town is about 45 mins from there. There are a few campsites on the A494 into Dollgelau on the way to Barmouth too.

C
Woodys cafe at the leisure centre behind you is pretty good for a snack.
cool, will check it out. My daughter is online attending her Saturday school, wife’s finish up some stuff for work in the van, so I’m off with the dog for some exploring!!
Fantastic drive up here from Knockin this morning. :)

Not sure what they have open, but we have eaten here before (Bistro type food):
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
Llanwddyn, SY10 0LY
It’s about 15 miles from Bala, but the location gives a spectacular view across Lake Vyrnwy.

The cafe at the National White Water Centre
LL23 7NU is about a couple of miles from the centre of Bala (pizza, burger and chips, cake and drinks type of place) where you can either book a raft ride or watch others.

Back