B14 fitter Devon?

gal2009

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Obvious place to have them fitted after what i have read would be Bognor motors, but i live in Devon.
Really don't mind travelling if the work is good, which i know it will be with Bognor motors, but has anyone got any one in Devon or surrounding they would recommend. I might bite the bullet if not and get a whole load of work done at Bognor motors to make it worthwhile.

I had mine fitted at Volkscraft in Exeter , top guys indeed and will use them for anything van related from now on , Matt the boss has a t6 as well so knows them well , make sure you spend the money on the updated ARB,s

I had mine fitted at Volkscraft in Exeter , top guys indeed and will use them for anything van related from now on , Matt the boss has a t6 as well so knows them well , make sure you spend the money on the updated ARB,s

This ^

Get the ARB's as well or you'll end up with a van that rides nicely, looks better, but then wallows like a bus through the corners still.

This ^

Get the ARB's as well or you'll end up with a van that rides nicely, looks better, but then wallows like a bus through the corners still.

Totally agree with that, and so do many others.
Yeah ok so it's several hundred pounds more, but you won't get a full benefit of what these things are capable of unless you go ARBs too.

This ^

Wasn't contemplating Arb's but after reading up i think it is the way to go. Insertcoin, i see you're in Dorset. Is Absolute 5 in your neck of the woods and have you had any dealings with them?

Wasn't contemplating Arb's but after reading up i think it is the way to go. Insertcoin, i see you're in Dorset. Is Absolute 5 in your neck of the woods and have you had any dealings with them?

Absolut5 are in Amesbury, so not too far from Poole, I've never had any work done there, but I've seen the work they put out and it is 'absolutely' 1st class.

If I had my time again, or when the T7 comes out there are a couple of suppliers I wouldn't hesitate to spend my money with and they are one of them. (there are some I'd avoid too)

Absolut5 are in Amesbury, so not too far from Poole, I've never had any work done there, but I've seen the work they put out and it is 'absolutely' 1st class.

If I had my time again, or when the T7 comes out there are a couple of suppliers I wouldn't hesitate to spend my money with and they are one of them. (there are some I'd avoid too)

Yes i know what you mean. I went at it hard with the mods with my camper and regret it. Mostly my bad decisions but some bad company choices. Got this t6 for work and am really going to take it slow and right instead of going round the houses. Really edging towards Absolute5

Just spoke to Noel @ absolute5. Really nice Guy. Interesting conversation on Arb's. When i said it was a t32, he said don't waste your money, there is a 1mm difference in the diameter of the upgraded ARB's and you wouldn't really see a benefit. T28 he would say yes but not on a t32. Didn't discuss t30.

Yes i know what you mean. I went at it hard with the mods with my camper and regret it. Mostly my bad decisions but some bad company choices. Got this t6 for work and am really going to take it slow and right instead of going round the houses. Really edging towards Absolute5

Just spoke to Noel @ absolute5. Really nice Guy. Interesting conversation on Arb's. When i said it was a t32, he said don't waste your money, there is a 1mm difference in the diameter of the upgraded ARB's and you wouldn't really see a benefit. T28 he would say yes but not on a t32. Didn't discuss t30.

I have a T32. Fitted B14s and then a few weeks later the H&R ARBs. The ARBs made a huge difference.

I'm surprised he said that about a T32, my bus is a T32 and the difference is very apparent, it's definitely not a placebo effect.

I'm surprised he said that about a T32, my bus is a T32 and the difference is very apparent, it's definitely not a placebo effect.

He obviously knows what he is talking about and i've pretty much decided to go to absolute 5. However i am going to override him on the Arb's and still get them fitted purely down to the conversations i have read on this forum. Definitely not the placebo effect, when so many on the forum recommend.

They change the handling balance enormously. Just make sure you have them set on their stiffest setting. My van went from a typical understeer biased balance to something that feels very neutral.

He obviously knows what he is talking about and i've pretty much decided to go to absolute 5. However i am going to override him on the Arb's and still get them fitted purely down to the conversations i have read on this forum. Definitely not the placebo effect, when so many on the forum recommend.

There are a couple of members on here who didn't rate them, I also read that they ruin the ride. I ran my B14's for about 5 months before fitting the ARB's, there's a marked difference in the way the van holds its line and the ride quality is barely changed, perhaps a smidgeon harsher on the worst surfaces.

I'm very nearly tempted to fit the b14's. and after a few weeks fit the arb's so i can feel the difference.

I didn't get asked, but I think you need to choose the harder setting to get the real benefit.

Agreed. Yellow hound suggested as stiff as possible also. Naively i just thought they fitted the arb's. I didnt think about settings

Back