Show me your lowered van with 20" wheels

a good point well made! Got to say the ride quality on the 40 springs with the 20'2 & Quadtracs is actually pretty good; although less so the body roll.
A quick google search and theres everything from B14's at +/- £1000 to LowPro at £550 - I'll have a look on the forum and post a new thread in Suspension section for reviews if i cant find any...with all the bits n bobs i still want to fit £550 would mean an essentially free bulkhead but then suspension is kind of a key element.
I can see my visa card melting as I type :)

There are other coil over options too. I’ve been looking into this for a while and I’m going round in circles!

There are options out there that are height adjustable to max 70mm drop but also damping rate adjustable. I’m thinking this may offer an even better ride comfort/quality than B14s or similar coil overs which are only height adjustable.

The problem is that it’s very difficult to know which one to go for without having sampled the ride first. The ones I mention are about £1500 and if you don’t get what you hoped for it’s a bloody expensive mistake!

I want a low look, but with reasonable comfort, nothing worse than the current comfort with just the 50mm springs.

It would be awesome if you could just turn up somewhere where there are 3 or 4 vans, all running 20s but with different coil over options fitted. Then you could easily compare ride quality vs handling etc and make an informed choice.

Very true. I've a mate with a Nissan Elgrand [dont ask!] thats fixed low and stiff and rides like a steamroller on cobbles, but I've personally got a couple of classic cars running adjustable dampers; a 350hp track focused 944 Turbo and a '67 fast road Spitfire. The 944 is fully adjustable [height and damping] and the Spitfire just has adj damping. Theresa actually a really fine line on the Spit between comfortable and harsh. I'd say if you've got the funds having adjustment would be worth the £'s, I frequently change the settings dependant on the road/use I'm putting the Spit to, literally takes less than a minute to turn the dial.

Didnt really envisage getting in this deep on the Transporters suspension but i think I'm leaning toward the extra £'s on a damping dial being the solution

These are 20’s 275/40/20 tyres. On B14’s
Lowest setting on rear.
20mm from lowest at front
No touching lock to lock, over really big bump front slightly rub but not much.
ride is great.

go B14 as you can set the height you want.

6FFFAC79-B4DB-4284-90A9-CFF71CD97985.jpeg

As titled. My T32 SWB is currently in having a set of staggered 20's and B14's fitted.
She's been lowered 50mm.
I was just curious if I could go lower without scraping/rubbing the arches?
Cheers,
Louis.

As titled. My T32 SWB is currently in having a set of staggered 20's and B14's fitted.
She's been lowered 50mm.
Cheers,
Louis.

19s on 45 profile tyres and B14s maxed out with no issues.

She's been lowered 50mm.
Cheers,
Louis.
I’ve got staggered 20’s 9” 38 offset front, 10” 40 offset rear. 265/40 tyres all round. Mine’s a T32 and my B14s are all the way down. No rubbing anywhere.

All, about to fit 20" wheels with 235/40 tyres to my T6
Contemplating 40mm lower springs.
What are the pro's & con's please?
Cheers, Stooble

No straight answer to that I'm afraid... It'll be fine but crashy, depends if your happy with that.

Have a look in the suspension section for lots and lots of detail on different suspension setups:thumbsup:

thanks for the reply, crashy I don't like the sound of.
Will take your advice & do a bit of searching, Cheers

And in answer to your question 40 mm springs will be fine, although a bit crashy on 20's. 18's wrk better with springs only, although we have loads of customers on springs and 20's.

Back