B14 Komfort vs B14 (original)

moonface

Having my new van delivered today! Going straight to garage for wheels and the new Komfort Bilsteins. My garage say they haven’t fitted these yet and are excited to see the difference over standard Bils. I’ll post pic and a verdict next week.

Yeah Kombi t32 twin slider. 204. Apparently the Komforts are still rare in UK. Allows for maximum drop but (hopefully) a smoother ride. We’ll see.

First set we’ve fitted. Bilstein have sold out already. I have to say they work really well. Considering how low we set them, the ride is very compliant without the lower down stiffness of the standard B14. I’ll try and do a full write up with pics later in our own thread.

I have 4 kits in stock, as we are sticking a set on a demo, and we will happily do an introductory deal for the forum.

The retail is £1490+vat!!!!

They are very very good though
Oli, where does that price put these against the competition? You sell a few different options for similar height lowering at various different prices, how do they all compare? Are they really good enough to justify an £1800 price tag? I know you don’t set the recommended retail price, Bilstein do, but this feels a bit like they are trying to cash in on the success of the B14 by over pricing their new kit.

Retail prices can be taken with a pinch of salt. However we will offer free fitting on the first four sets we have in stock.

So £1490+vat fitted with a full four wheel alignment.

This price puts it directly inline with the Eibachs fitted price, although this includes labour

@BognorMotors can I ask are these B14 Komfort truly softer? and what happened to the Bilstein Greens? that were supposed to be the "new' comfort dampers ( they were also considerably cheaper).

They are a lot more compliant and softer, with a better ride than the old B14's, if thats what you are asking

We have extended our free fitting on these, so they are £1490+VAT fitted including a full hunter alignment. We run a demo vehicle so you can come and see for yourself.

And I'm sorry I dont know anything about the bilstein green that you mention?

@ChrisR has recently driven a van with them, so please ask him

@BognorMotors can I ask are these B14 Komfort truly softer? and what happened to the Bilstein Greens? that were supposed to be the "new' comfort dampers ( they were also considerably cheaper).
To answer part 1 of your question, as Oli @BognorMotors says I recently test drove the komforts and yes, the B14 komforts are more comfortable than the original B14s whilst also retaining all that was good about the originals.

To answer part 2, Bilstein green are an OEM style replacement shock, not an adjustable height coil/sleeve over. They are supposedly comfortable, although I’ve never driven them. They can be run with standard ride height springs or with a moderate lowering spring of approx 40mm lowering, but any lower than that and they would suffer.

Chilli Jam were selling them last year when they (Bilstien Green) appeared, and they were about a third of the price, I suspect Bilstien have withdrawn them as they realised they've shot themselves in the foot somewhat. It's funny how 3/4 years ago everyone on here wanted the original B14's and swore blind by them, but now people are moving towards a K/comfortable ride.

Chilli Jam were selling them last year when they (Bilstien Green) appeared, and they were about a third of the price, I suspect Bilstien have withdrawn them as they realised they've shot themselves in the foot somewhat. It's funny how 3/4 years ago everyone on here wanted the original B14's and swore blind by them, but now people are moving towards a K/comfortable ride.
Yes the greens are cheaper, but as said, they aren’t height adjustable and you have to factor in the cost of replacement lowering springs too. That said I agree that the B14 komforts are expensive, it’s why I haven’t ordered any despite being impressed by the ride. Have a look at ST X coil overs, they are fantastic value for money and ride just as well as the B14 komforts. I know this because I also test drove them recently.

Ha ha ha, I'm skint and in need of a new battery, service, brakes all round, and DSG remap at some point. Like the last 4 years, I'm just going to have to suffer some more with my suspension.

I drove my mates Vito the other day, a sublime ride, but I did laugh when he told me the A/C had packed up and the front brake calipers had seized, again. It is a 20 plate!

Hi all

New to the forum and keen to get some Bilstein B14 Komforts for my 6.1 T32. Vanstyle are selling them for £1399 inc VAT but they are £1695 everywhere else.

Any feedback on Vanstyle before I commit?

thanks

Mike

Vanstyle are usually pretty good to be fair and that is a fair bit cheaper than most places, so if you’re set on that kit it’s a good place to go I would say.

Are you looking to go the full 70mm drop that these offer? If not you could go for some KW V1 coilovers. They’re even better than the B14 komfort and almost £200 cheaper than that Vanstyle price. They go min 35mm drop and max 65mm drop and ride exceptionally well all through that range.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new van and new suspension, whichever setup you choose.

Back