Adjusting B14 for towing

Are the spring rates different for the Caravelle over the Panel Vans?
Or for the California over the rest of them?

I have the westfalia detachable.
I was going to lift it a little anyway as it just looks lower at the back there is always going to be a trade off I think between looks unloaded and loaded.
We use both for camping the van and the tin tent!! . When we meet my daughter and husband also friends from the south they stay in the van and we are in the caravan so it works out quite good. I prefer the camper but the wife prefers the caravan with a fixed double bed :(.

View attachment 47421

View attachment 47422

Looks like pentewan sands from that pic

Looks like pentewan sands from that pic
We are exactly the same we meet my daughter and boyfriend and they in camper and we in caravan with our younger one.
My wife loves the caravan with fixed bed so when I suggest just taking the camper away I am overruled every time.

I want to lift the back more to get the caravan higher as it’s extremely low. I spoke to westfalia yesterday and they told me that all ends will fit in and if you find say a BMW car one it will be higher than mine but also has to be 60mm from the bumper. He did say that if there was a problem the insurance company might be a problem as each one is rated to the vehicle it’s fitted to.

Just donated to update my ASAP help request,
My van is in getting new B14 springs replaced this week .
Thank you for all the advice I got and a BIG BIG thanks to Oli at Bognor Motors for stepping in and sorting this out for me.
I’m also Going to take others advice as well and look at the nose weight of the caravan and also what we are carrying in our camper that I don’t need .

So the van is to low on maximum setting so I had a think and had these made out of very hi quality SS .
So as you can see the adjusters fit perfectly they we’re machined do are exactly the same size inside and out so should act as 40mm extensions rant I can them Lower if required .
Got them tonight and the look and feel amazing.
What could go wrong

0003BC7B-824C-4AA1-9C27-A206D1C2BB9A.jpeg

35B9F785-843D-457E-A840-FE34F6654183.jpeg

7FA1EE6D-BAAA-4A61-9589-011773818BD4.jpeg

Back