Ayr Caravan And Touring Park - St Ives

mommabear

Account Closed
T6 Pro
Just wanted to recommend a place we stayed in November last year. All the tourer pitches overlook Porth Meor beach and as you can see from the photo, its not half bad waking up to that view.

The facilities are excellent and you are a short walk from town....down the steepest hill ever...but still, its a lovely walk. The only downside is that you cant park sideways on to have the door open and enjoy the view that way, I'm sure there's a reason. I should mention that this photo was taken on the only day we didn't have the full force of the Atlantic rain and wind.... but a nice spot anyway.
camper st ives.jpg

Agreed , lovely place !

did you guys have any trouble getting there? we stayed at Trefalgan some time before and that was a shocker to get to down some lanes where the mirrors were in the hedges either side ha ha. The sat-nav took us through st ives town and then up this 25% hill in town that leads you up to the top of the Tate by the church! I had to ask this builder nearby if he ever took his lorry up it - was ok in the end.

The only thing I didn't like about Ayr was the mud - the kind of mud that gets absolutely everywhere even though you think you've avoided it ha ha

Aye we did .
Not helped by the twin axle caravan we were towing.
Nothing like a 600 mile drive then getting lost to start an argument.........DSC_0367_1.JPG

ha ha ha, yes. The "oh my god were going through the centre of town again" argument is a permanent part of our St Ives trips.

We are thinking of going to this campsite next month. Fortunately we are St Ives regulars so mostly know how to avoid the centre (famous last words).

Pete

Back