Awnings????????

Can someone with a Fiamma 45s on a 'C' multi-rail tell me how the brackets are fitted to the roof?.
Are they pop rivited in place?.
Or
screwed on?.

Thanks.

We only use the Cali roll out awning but we did get to meet a nice German family in our last T5.1 Cali in France. They had this mega swish "Gybe" awning which took forever to put up and didn't like any wind. They gave up in the end - I think they cost about two grand!

pic_bt_application02.jpg

Well, I wanted to go the Monday, but now seen the show is only on from Tuesday. So need to see if I can take a different day off (most likely the wednesday) so I'll msg you once I've sorted it.

I'm thinking the Outwell Daytona. I don't want anything too big. I think the 2017 will allow for room clip-on too which may prove useful when I snore!!

Not fussed by Airbeam models. I have never found poles a problem but I'm sure it's the speed of air that makes them popular.

Can someone with an F45 give me some guidance? I've been looking at the Fiamma website and it's not exactly clear (to me anyway) how the awning brackets fit. Would I be right in thinking the c rail sits inside the roof channel? Would I also be right in thinking the c rail attaches via the 3 blanking plug holes in the roof channel? If that's the case, is it possible to retain the roof rails too.........so I'm thinking......fit the c rail then the roof rail fits back on top? I have a feeling though that if you use a c rail, you can't retain the roof rails too? Just not keen to drill holes in my roof?
Anyone know how they attach?
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Do you have an image of the said 'C rail' you talk of?

If it is what I think (attached) then this may lead to the chosen awning rubbing on paint work.

And from looking at the imaged attached(if thats right) then I dont think there would be room, due to the roof rail width??.

The two other images are from fiamma.

vw-t5-transporter-c-channel-awning-rail-length-lwb-2.8m-length-[4]-5561-p.jpg 1488069272785-1306595093.jpg 14880693202671658470864.jpg

We supply customers with the reimo multi rail for connecting the awning. We do fit the genuine VW cali rails but the rubber kador insert lets go of the figure of 8 kador strip all the time which is super frustrating. (I have these on my van).

Regarding the awnings themselves... we ard a Khyam distributor as there is absolutely nothing that comes close to the Khyam quick errect awning range. The quality is exceptional. The space inside is practical. They are fantastically strong and without any shadow of a doubt the fastest to erect by a country mile.

Ps we can do fantastic prices on the whole range.

yep thats what the guys from khyam use to attach awnings to our van at shows

I had that made when I found the std kador strip pulled out on the last Cali. I had the guy who supplied it stitch a second one on to give two beside each other and the single one to join on the Kyham I had. Worked really well.

My kador strip arrived he other day. Now just need to await the arrival of my Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Movelite T4. Got the awning, footprint, quad sleeping pod and carpet for £865. Ultimately worked out to get two of the three extra parts for free.
@ZipcodeUK got the next size up, the T5. His bartering skills were awesome, literally had the sales guy in a headlock. Chap said "I can't do that I'd get shot", Zip's response, "I'm from South Africa, you'd not believe what I have seen, you can survive a bullet no problems", legend. For quote of the week, that even beats "I am the referee, not your coach"!:thumbsup:

We prefer to keep everything compact; you can't free-camp with an awning but if you have a van with no bed or facilities, you need one.
@Roadrunner - that "strip" of material looks pretty worn out - is it robust enough?

@ZipcodeUK got the next size up, the T5. His bartering skills were awesome, literally had the sales guy in a headlock. Chap said "I can't do that I'd get shot", Zip's response, "I'm from South Africa, you'd not believe what I have seen, you can survive a bullet no problems", legend. For quote of the week, that even beats "I am the referee, not your coach"!:thumbsup:

Wahahaa, the guys face was priceless! Didn't have a clue how to respond. Still disappointed I couldn't get him to throw in a pair of the chairs though... oh well.
I'm happy with the deal I got in the end. Pretty much got £370 quid off the retail price of the tent and accessories.

Wahahaa, the guys face was priceless! Didn't have a clue how to respond. Still disappointed I couldn't get him to throw in a pair of the chairs though... oh well.
I'm happy with the deal I got in the end. Pretty much got £370 quid off the retail price of the tent and accessories.
Blimey - that's a HELL of a deal!!

Back