Awnings, too much faff?

The timing of this thread is great. I had an F45 on my T5. I've been meaning to get one on my T6 but I fitted roof rails (used some sikaflex to prevent leaks). Presumably, I'd have to remove the roof rails..........is it possible to have roof rails AND something like the Thule or F45? Probably be fun trying to remove the rails with the sikaflex!! :whistle:

Hi - there are a myriad of brackets out there. I am new to the T6 forum and have been using it for info, as well as other internet sites and supplier web sites.
I am about to fit an Omnister 4900 and a Reimo multirail as well, to a van with a pop top. During my research I have found that there are brackets to suit the multi rail /pop top configuration , but they aren't to be confused with the bracket to fit a pop top without multirail configuration , they are different. But what that tells me is that the latter will fit your configuration, the bracket will be short enough to stop before the roof groove for the roof rail. It has to , otherwise it wouldn't work with a pop top. Other more knowledgeable people on the Forum might be able to give first hand account.
You might find these sites helpful .
www.ukleisureparts.co.uk These are the people I ordered from. Seem very knowledgeable , and I am sure would advise .

Also below for a pic of what you might require.
www.perfectawnings.co.uk/thule-4900-awning-kit-for-vw-t5t6

Jeff

We have tried all sorts of awnings and now try not to bother unless we have the grandchildren with us and use a Palm as a last resort.
We have airsuspention installed so we pull up, set the suspension to level whilst poping up the Reimo top and spinning the seats around. Close the curtains and go to bed. If we are sleeping up top 3 minutes if on the Reimo bed down below 4 mins. Porta potty inside and dogs in a crate in the back.
I opened up the van and chucked everything out

20191004_170359.jpg

20191004_170351.jpg

20191004_170249.jpg

20191004_170237.jpg

We have tried all sorts of awnings and now try not to bother unless we have the grandchildren with us and use a Palm as a last resort.
We have airsuspention installed so we pull up, set the suspension to level whilst poping up the Reimo top and spinning the seats around. Close the curtains and go to bed. If we are sleeping up top 3 minutes if on the Reimo bed down below 4 mins. Porta potty inside and dogs in a crate in the back.
I opened up the van and chucked everything out

View attachment 118333

View attachment 118334

View attachment 118335

View attachment 118336
I agree, less is more.

Very useful thread this one. My van came with the Reimo Multi-rail fitted and now we are trying to chose what awning will work best for us. Seems that we have a similar rail / roof set up to @ThreeBridgeT6 and the Thule Omnistor is currently favourite. Did the mounting brackets have to be modified due to the Reimo pop top.

With my bother and he is using a quest screen house 4 pro that he just pitches next to his van. Seconds to put up very small bag and light weight. Might try one my self to keep things simple. Be no good with strong winds though.

Screenshot_20210607-081537_Chrome.jpg

Very useful thread this one. My van came with the Reimo Multi-rail fitted and now we are trying to chose what awning will work best for us. Seems that we have a similar rail / roof set up to @ThreeBridgeT6 and the Thule Omnistor is currently favourite. Did the mounting brackets have to be modified due to the Reimo pop top.
In answer to my own question, I have viewed a set up at Status 1 while waiting for my towbar to be fitted.
Apparently the Thule brackets to fit the Omnistor to the Multi-rail have to be cut and screws inserted through the Multi-rail.

Speak to vamoose. They make their own bracket which utilises the multi rail and fits certainly some pop tops but which ones they can hopefully confirm

Back