Awning thats good for kippin in..!

So why did you not get a motordome admittedly you have to pay the groundsheet but the bedroom part has a sewn in ground sheet. We used one with the last Cali a few times and one was in Scotland. You waisted your money with the one you have it's not really for sleeping in.

To be honest - I was naive when choosing. I had visions of hot sunny days etc, when the reality turned out differently. I bought it without taking much advice and was sold on the quick erect reviews. I can't complain about my naivety and that I simply chose badly.. the quality however was poor but might have tugged on a section that was weak causing the rip.. My won't do that again and will take all the advice I can grab before choosing..

Never had a problem putting mine up and they are quick to do but can be interesting if it's windy

Move lite Oxygen are solid and supplied with enough tie downs for as the hurricane said to the coco tree hold onto those nuts this ain't no ordinary b**w job!

We've got a Vango Attar inflatable awning, which has an integral groundsheet and can fit a couple of sleeping compartments (according to the blurb). They are quite reasonably priced at the moment, but would have gone for the Galli if I was spending more.

Hello all.

Well after plenty of investigations I have finally dragged my awning options down to 2. The finalists are the Vango Galli Low and the Outdoor Revolution Movelite T5. The idea is to buy the one I want which can be used for a long time. Both are a fortune but give me what I want.

Which bring me onto a question about how I fit one of these to my van. I don't want anything permanent on one side of the van as it'll do my head in but can't see a way of connecting it.

It has roof bars and no obvious way of connecting the awning to the van. Any ideas anyone?

A picture of the side with roof bars

IMG_1066.JPG

I think you can run straps over the van and peg into the ground on the other side. We've got a pretty simple rail which is quite unobtrusive.

IMG_5333.JPG

It's not removable, but to be honest I don't even really notice it's there. Thinking about upgrading to a Fiamma wind-out though, which would have an awning rail on the side for the drive-away, but they're definitely not subtle!

Checkout camper essentials
They do a rail that fits under your roof bars and give you the channel to connect too

I wouldn't recommend relying upon the straps over the roof option; a good ole breeze will have them vibrating against the paintwork.

Our Vango has integral Velcro straps designed for attaching to roof bars - guess it depends how long your roof bars are and position relative to where you want the awning to sit but you may already have a solution to hand?

Back