awning rails... magnetic or fixed?

teddy

Is there a thread regarding attaching drive away awnings to a T6 roof that anyone can direct me to? Alternatively anyone having an opinion regarding the best method to attach a drive away awning? Thanks all

Well give me a shout closer to the time. Could always meet up for a coffee, or a beer

I'm going to have to go on either the Wed or Thurs, as I am on duty across the weekend.

I've also been thinking about an awning rail recently..
I was thinking about these, as they are quite discreet:
http://camperessentials.co.uk/shop/t5-bolt-on-awning-rail/
http://camperessentials.co.uk/shop/t5-bolt-on-awning-rail/
I really don't want to permanently fix the rail by drilling / Sikka, and would much prefer somthing that fits into existing holes.
I would also stuff some silicone sealant into the holes when fixing, to prevent any leaks...

Does anyone here have this rail?
I would be interested in your views on it!

I've also been thinking about an awning rail recently..
I was thinking about these, as they are quite discreet:
VW T5 Bolt On Awning Rail - Camper Essentials
I really don't want to permanently fix the rail by drilling / Sikka, and would much prefer somthing that fits into existing holes.
I would also stuff some silicone sealant into the holes when fixing, to prevent any leaks...

Does anyone here have this rail?
I would be interested in your views on it!
This took my eye and was hoping somebody who had one could comment on their experience

B382AA4F-E2F3-4436-B2AF-C3EAECF4DB35.jpeg 2C8519CE-488B-4B17-A446-BC8154BA5900.jpeg Don’t get it .....it was a waste of time always keep falling off in the end at night I just took it off the first night... and the next day I just through the straps over the van from the awning over the van so it stayed up...
as you can see I have a pop top so the was not a 100% flat surface... I reckon if you don’t have a pop top it might hold it but the magnets are so weak I don’t think it would so you’re better off going for a rail which I’m doing
Hope this helps
Doug

View attachment 45385 View attachment 45384 Don’t get it .....it was a waste of time always keep falling off in the end at night I just took it off the first night... and the next day I just through the straps over the van from the awning over the van so it stayed up...
as you can see I have a pop top so the was not a 100% flat surface... I reckon if you don’t have a pop top it might hold it but the magnets are so weak I don’t think it would so you’re better off going for a rail which I’m doing
Hope this helps
Doug
Thanks for photos and info. I’ve got a pop top and fancy a Fiamma awning and vango kela but struggling to find a fitter in the North East
Thanks again

Have you considered getting a normal rail and then a simple thread-in canopy rather than going full Fiamma? That way you can have the driveway and canopy awning both using the same connection without any of the added faff of getting a permanently fitted pull out awning fitted. We bought a Sailrail and love it, but there are loads of options out there.

Have you considered getting a normal rail and then a simple thread-in canopy rather than going full Fiamma? That way you can have the driveway and canopy awning both using the same connection without any of the added faff of getting a permanently fitted pull out awning fitted. We bought a Sailrail and love it, but there are loads of options out there.
This is what I should have done for the number of times I've used it

Good advice I’ll look into that bud cheers. Any photos of your sailrail and awning rail please?
Thanks

Paul

Back