Awning Rail

Mavis628

T6 Pro
I’m looking at putting an awning rail on the side on my van, is there anything I should ask for, or are they pretty much all the same and do the same?

Are you going to mount it in one of the channels in the roof. If so, ask yourself if you are going to fit roof rails at some point.

Some awning rails prevent you from using the OEM roof rails that also mount into this channel. Other awning rails (generally more expensive) slot into this channel, but still allow roof rails to go into the channel too.

Pete

Are you going to mount it in one of the channels in the roof. If so, ask yourself if you are going to fit roof rails at some point.

Some awning rails prevent you from using the OEM roof rails that also mount into this channel. Other awning rails (generally more expensive) slot into this channel, but still allow roof rails to go into the channel too.

Pete
My van has OEM roof rails already, does that mean I can only put a certain type of rail on it, if I went Fiamma wind out awning how would that fit on

A25F4445-18CF-4CCE-9E5A-766D032D4A74.jpeg

I believe a full Fiamma awning bolts/screws/glues to the bodywork, so should not be a problem.
But I see you have a pop top roof, so clearance needs considering.

I don't have a pop top, so you need someone with this and a Fiamma awning to comment.

Pete

We have a pop top and Fiamma f45s. The Fiamma has an awning channel on the front face of the case which will take an awning.
@Ed Webb fitted a Fiamma himself I think

Thanks guys i have a sliding door each side so was thinking Fiamma 45s one side awning rail on the other.

jumping on the thread how does a rail sail work? I too have roof bars but stumped as to what to do for a sun canopy or tent

I fitted a vamoose rail from eBay. Top quality product. Easy to install and the same profile as reimo

I’m guessing all these different makes of rail essentially do the same thing? Why a Reimo guys? Bristol camper company are saying there rail has metal ends that won’t perish and go discoloured over time like the Reimo.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m guessing all these different makes of rail essentially do the same thing? Why a Reimo guys? Bristol camper company are saying there rail has metal ends that won’t perish and go discoloured over time like the Reimo.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yep they all do the same thing. There is a gutter to channel the rain and there is a slot to slide in the figure of 8 or kador strip for the awning.

I have the Reimo multirail on my van and there are no metal ends to perish? Not sure where that Congress from but that sounds like a desperate sales guy lying to you... Beware the BS

I have the Reimo multirail on my van and there are no metal ends to perish? Not sure where that Congress from but that sounds like a desperate sales guy lying to you... Beware the BS
Thats what he means, Reimo ends are rubber and sales guy is implying they will perish.

Seems unlikely to me.

Just had a look and the front is a type of rubber so that it can mould to the shape of the van as it's a drain runoff. The back 30mm or so seem to be a toughened compound more like a plastic than a rubber. Doubt it will perish anytime soon. Eventually, probably. But then metal rusts so 6 or half a dozen?
Take what works for you for your van and your budget. So beat the sales guy senseless for at least 40% off!

Thanks guys i have a sliding door each side so was thinking Fiamma 45s one side awning rail on the other.

@Mavis628 - Did you ever get sorted on this? And did the solution stop the rain dripping in when you open the doors?

I am looking for a solution that stops the rain and may in the future be used for an Awning tbc!

Appreciate your thoughts Paul

Back