Awning Rail and Roof Bars

This the lightning leisure one in action on my van:
View attachment 18159
How does yours fit at the rear? The last few inches of my rail isnt touching the van roof due to the curve in the roof and the rail being straight. Did you put an extra screw/bolt in there (at the very rear)? Cut the last few inches off or leave it? I ask ask when awnng fitted and moving with wind this is rubbing the paint as its not tight fit to the roof. Did you also use silicon to stop dirt collecting under it, I fitted the Kadar strip and pretended to be the wind pulling on it :-D and the rail did move where the roof rail wasnt holding the c rail down, also that very rear was rubbing paint work. info would be greatly appriciated.

I got two C channels from funky leisure and had them powder coated satin black. They sit inside HiLo
Hi, I've bought the same ones from Funky Leisure and I was wondering how much it cost you to get them powder coated? I'm hoping to go for a gloss black. Thanks!

Hi, I've bought the same ones from Funky Leisure and I was wondering how much it cost you to get them powder coated? I'm hoping to go for a gloss black. Thanks!
Hi ya.

Think about £10 each rail.
This however may not be a true reflection as at the same time they did a set of Devonports. And the inside rails of my HiLo roof.

Sorry that’s not a lot of use to ya

Hi ya.

Think about £10 each rail.
This however may not be a true reflection as at the same time they did a set of Devonports. And the inside rails of my HiLo roof.

Sorry that’s not a lot of use to ya
Thanks for getting back to me, a local outfit quoted me £100 +vat but just said that was their minimum charge which I totally understand. Don’t think that’s worth it- I guess getting your wheels done included the setup/ paint mix etc. Got the rails today and I’m just gonna go for rub down, acid etch then spray and lacquer. I mean I could just leave them silver because you can’t really see them but all the other accents are black so why not!

Back