Awning Rail and Roof Bars

Nick-C

T6 Kombi 140bhp DSG
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I think I got a good deal on a brand new movelite T4 drive away awning. I am now looking to find an awning rail that will work with my roof bars, I don’t want to drill or fix a rail to my van, I would like it to fit between my roof bars and van using the mounting points. I have seen images were the awning rail looks like it has been cut to allow it to fit between the uprights on the rails. Has anyone got any advice on how to achieve / buy what I need. Thanks

Lightning Leisure do what you want. I have one, and it fits in the existing channel, under the roof bars.

Pete

This the lightning leisure one in action on my van:
View attachment 18159
Are you using VW roof bars? Did you need to modify the black plastic foot that fits in the slot on the roof? Thanks for the photo looks just like what I am after! As my van is brown and I have black roof bars I might need to see if they do a black rail or look to get aluminium one painted or anodised.

Yes using VW roof bars; no need to modify the plactic feet. Just run some silicone compound or something similar around the bolt holes to stop water ingress. To be honest you can't hardly see the rail when it's fitted.

I got two C channels from funky leisure and had them powder coated satin black. They sit inside HiLo

Q: fit a C-Channel Awning Rail to a VW T6 - how do you install one of these rails? do you need to use silicone or use spacers underneath to protect the paintwork and prevent water ingress??

Back