Awning And Lwb And Swb

pjoc

I am puzzled by the fact that awnings whether drive away or not never ever mention suitability for either LWB or SWB vans. Generally all the pretty pictures in brochures or on web sites always seem to be able to hide what kind of van the awning is attached too. And then often it seems its a LWB. The only distinction classifications mentioned on sites is the simple 'high' or 'low'. What about long and short? As I am finding out, Vango uses the term 'universal' but with some notional qualifications (which seems like a contradiction). I am sure this situation must result in multiple mis-sellings? Not quite PPI. Anyway is it me or do these manufacturers need to be more specific in their specifications and suitability. Just a rant. I thought it was going to be simple. Maybe I'll just forget the awning idea.

What do people think?

I have a vango sapera. Was great with my swb, is great with my lwb.

I think in general terms you find the awning starts from the B pillar at the trailing edge of the front passenger door. Width wise, it extends to the point where the rear edge of the sliding door comes to a stop when open. This is same place regardless of whether it's a SWB or LWB Transporter. The additional 40cm of a LWB is added behind the point where the awning ends, so it has no effect. I stress though, I use the phrase 'in general terms' above.

Last edited:
Back