Autowatch Ghost immobiliser - T6 Issue

Yes that is what I mean, if you don't enter the code or enter it wrong you can't start it and you can't reenter. So ignition off/on and then enter the code. it takes seconds. I was commenting on the post earlier that if you enter it wrong on the ghost it took some time.

Sorry to hear about your issues. All I can say is that I’ve had one fitted in my T6 for well over two years now without any problems at all.

For those that havnt done or know about it. You can pair your phone to the ghost immobiliser. It acts as a fob (you don't have to press or do anything). It connects via Bluetooth technology so only works when the phone is less then 2meters to the vehicle.
Simply get in turn the ignition and go, no pressing buttons.
You just need to make sure the app is running and in the on state.

Absolutely brilliant...

For those that havnt done or know about it. You can pair your phone to the ghost immobiliser. It acts as a fob (you don't have to press or do anything). It connects via Bluetooth technology so only works when the phone is less then 2meters to the vehicle.
Simply get in turn the ignition and go, no pressing buttons.
You just need to make sure the app is running and in the on state.

Absolutely brilliant...
My ghost installer recommended against using the app as it works on Bluetooth the range your phone needs to be near van is more like 15-20m so if you are in your house with you phone on and your van is on your drive way then ghost is not protecting the vehicle , but I do like the sound of the convenience! Can you get more than 1 phone registered to the app?

I can’t get it to pick up the Bluetooth at all! Is there some way to put the ghost into pair mode?

We strongly recommend against this. Bluetooth range is around 10 - 15m it defeats the entire point of having ghost installed

But you can turn it off from your phone so if you do that each time it should reduce the risk (reduce the benefit too of course!), again assuming you can get it to work in the first place

Simply wrap your phone in tinfoil every time you get out of the van, problem solved!

Yes Bluetooth in general has a 10 to even 20m range. But the range of the ghost is as little as 3m to 5m at most, even when outside with direct line of sight.

There is a simple off button in the app, and if you have a recent phone like an android you can put the app to sleep overnight so it's not active.

With reference to the Scorpion X-Series: I've fitted quite a few now and they have been faultless.

All were T6.1 as T6 and T5.1 are not currently supported (likely due to lack of access to test vehicles).

I'm waiting for Scorpion to get bored of me asking about them and send me a testing kit lol.

Good afternoon,
My recent experience may assist some of you at a later date.
I took delivery of my brand new camper conversion 2019 T28 Highline in October 19.
As per several previous vehicles I have had I arranged for the ghost to be fitted by an accredited installer. Usual price £399.
All sorted no issues. Fast forward to December 2020 driving along I get lots of warning lights on dash, abs, steering, brakes, traction and so on. Even got a stop engine red oil can light and warnings to go to workshop due to a brake issue. Van covered 6k miles from new. Get VW assist out, they scan and reset faults. All faults show an issue with intermittent communication faults with can hi and low and lack of connection between several modules.
Told to drive van and see what happens. This then turned into a regular occurrence after driving for about 10-15 minutes.
Bit the bullet booked into VW Van Centre. They do a scan and then say that they won't do anything else until the ghost is removed and also state that if caused by the camper conversion I would be paying at £120 an hour labour.

Get ghost removed by installer (charged £100 for the privilege). Low and behold all issues disappear. This has now been the case for over 1k miles and 6 weeks.
Back to ghost installer who agree to refund me the full fitting fee and the removal fee already charged. Top customer service from them every credit

So basically the ghost was faulty and causing all of these issues, the most annoying was that if you switched off the van when the lights were on and tried to restart you couldn't input the ghost disarm sequence as the warning lights being on for some reason rendered the steering wheel buttons unresponsive.

To cut a long story short if you get some random warning lights with intermittent communication issues on the can system and have a ghost immobiliser installed it may be the ghost.

I have had several ghost immobiliser's fitted in other vehicles and had no previous issues.
The ghost installer said that there was no issue with the installation and that it seemed to be an issue with the unit. They say this is the first one to ever go wrong.
Good reading, on a second note, I am getting the can communication error coming up when my alpine headunit is watching a film, found out its because I have a seperate radio switch by-passing ignition when on EHU. So far no faults on my Ghost 2

Yes Bluetooth in general has a 10 to even 20m range. But the range of the ghost is as little as 3m to 5m at most, even when outside with direct line of sight.

There is a simple off button in the app, and if you have a recent phone like an android you can put the app to sleep overnight so it's not active.
Or just turn your Bluetooth off, I only ever use mine when traveling afar, saves inputting everytime,

Hi,
I'm new here so sorry if this has been asked before.
But I recently had a ghost immobiliser fitted and it all works fine. But sometimes, I think its when I put the ignition on for a bit before starting, the MFD display in the instrument panel shows immobiliser active, and you can get rid of it. Even when your put your ghost code in and are driving, you press the buttons on the steering wheel and it's still displayed. Has anyone else had this? Its not all the time, I'm just wondering if it's the oem VW immobiliser having abit of a hissy fit? Lol

Thanks, Lewis

Ah that's OK then, I'm glad it's not just me lol... must be a glitch on the VW side but atleast it still starts and runs

Back