Autowatch Ghost immobiliser - T6 Issue

I love the transporter mentality of fitting something aftermarket, but if it causes issues.. then it must be the VW side of things.

The VW side of the immobiser doesn't like how the Ghost hacks into to the security side of things. It's a common question on the transporters but completely normal and isn't causing any issues buddy.

We usually find this happens after you've entered the code wrong at some point and the only way to clear it is with a diagnostics tester.

Same thing happens with my van. I eventually sussed out that it seems to be triggered by switching off the ignition and restarting without first removing the key but after the Ghost has 'timed out'. My solution is to take out the key, wait about 60 seconds and start again with the Ghost disarm sequence etc. That sounded clearer in my head than it reads on the screen!

@Adscan. The answer is a 'no' with my18 plate T6 Highline but you might get more useful responses if you also give details of the van in question.
EDIT since seing the post below by @tonybb66 - it's been in my van for over three years.

Last edited:
Back