AutoTerm diesel heater issue [Resolved]

Iggster

Hi
Being new to my camper van it has a new conversion but I'm struggling to start my autoterm heater to start when I press the button to start it comes up on screen no signal I've tried trouble shooting and YouTube but I'm getting no where any body have any ideas would be great.

Best place to ask is the facebook group:

Owen cox will answer and sort the issue. No signal woulld seem to suggest that teh control panel isnt talking to the heater, disconecting / reconnecting control panel would be where I would start

Try gently pulling on the controller and it should disconnect from the backplate. There is a connection block about 10cm from the controller. Try unplugging it, leaving it for a minute and then reconnect.

There is also a fuse block with 2 x 25a fuses which will probably be close to the leisure battery. See if you can find and check them. These fuses are part of the autoterm wiring so are separate from any other fuse panel you may have for your leisure electrics.

Check the connectors on the controller plug as mentioned above are all correctly fitted. They can bend very easily preventing correct contact. Failing that there is a connector at the heater end, make sure that is all installed correctly. once all is checked than can prgress to diagnose.
Does it oprovide a error code?

Hi
Being new to my camper van it has a new conversion but I'm struggling to start my autoterm heater to start when I press the button to start it comes up on screen no signal I've tried trouble shooting and YouTube but I'm getting no where any body have any ideas would be great.
Presumably if it’s a new conversion, it’s under warranty. I’d speak to the converter before you start taking things to pieces.

I've pulled the panel out of the housing but the wires go behind the panel I didn't want to pull to hard in case I pull the plug out.it is still under warranty but unfortunately I baught the van about 3 hrs drive away from me.

the hole in the panel should be large enough for the plug, you may need to unscrew the black plastic panel mount to reveal a larger hole.

I have removed the back plate of the wall but the cable was tight to move and I didn't want to pull it from the plug.

I had that not so long ago after it had thrown a wobbler when my battery went low and it just blew cold air and gave me the low voltage error code.
I’m pretty sure I just removed the 2 fuses for a minute or 2 and then put them back in. Check that your leisure battery is fully charged too.

I've just taken the panel out of the housing there is 2 wires connected and 2 look like they have broke of. How many wires should be connected to the rear of the panel ?

Back