Autonomous Breaking System Engaged For No Reason

Anyone else had any issues, setting off from
traffic lights on flat straight road, no cars I front and in 2nd car starts braking like crazy, then stops as I attempt to drive through its misbehavior

Anyone else had any issues, setting off from
traffic lights on flat straight road, no cars I front and in 2nd car starts braking like crazy, then stops as I attempt to drive through its misbehavior

:eek::eek::eek:

No, but I'd be parking that van up and getting it recovered asap mate.
I would of thought VW would build in a failsafe to not let this happen, because the consequences whilst driving on something like a motorway, don't bare thinking about.

I've had it a few times at walking speed on minor roads. It's very momentary and restores to normal in about a second. I've put it down to the van being lowered.

I've had it a few times at walking speed on minor roads. It's very momentary and restores to normal in about a second. I've put it down to the van being lowered.

Mine is slammed as low as a B14 will go, and then further with all my equipment, and I've never had this happen in the 2 years and nearly 60k I've had my T6.
Yes its activated in the correct situations, but never on it's own as explained above.
My concern would be if it can slam on the brakes in 2nd gear, what's actually stopping it from doing it a 80mph in the outside lane of a motorway.
I will keep an eye on this thread for any potential fixes, or faults found.

Zave this sounds similar as I said I had just short shifted 1st to 2nd gear and it lasted literally a couple of seconds, however my van is not lowered at all.

Had it briefly on a couple of occasions, crisp packet and the other was a bird.

Mine's done it too, I try to keep my radar block thing clean and it's not really been too much of an issue, but does give the guy behind a fright :laugh:

My van has been well behaved so far... My latest Volvo XC60 though can be a challenge if you have all the safety features enabled.
1) overtaking parked cars on the side of the road is interesting. It thinks I’m going to drive into them so starts to “take over control” Cars parked in lay-bys on right hand corners too!
2) Scary one.... driving down a duel carriageway with a 50 limit with speed management enabled. I drive under a bridge carrying a road with a 30 limit. Damn thing goes nuts with alarms and slams on the brakes for a few seconds. Thinks it’s in a 30?
Note: don’t tale gate a modern “smart” vehicle as you can’t 2nd guess what it’s going to do next

My van has been well behaved so far... My latest Volvo XC60 though can be a challenge if you have all the safety features enabled.
1) overtaking parked cars on the side of the road is interesting. It thinks I’m going to drive into them so starts to “take over control” Cars parked in lay-bys on right hand corners too!
2) Scary one.... driving down a duel carriageway with a 50 limit with speed management enabled. I drive under a bridge carrying a road with a 30 limit. Damn thing goes nuts with alarms and slams on the brakes for a few seconds. Thinks it’s in a 30?
Note: don’t tale gate a modern “smart” vehicle as you can’t 2nd guess what it’s going to do next
That's awful!

I thought it was bad in the van when driving behind a car that's turning off and as you get close it brakes for you, scared me to death the first time!

Is there a way to disable it?

That's awful!

I thought it was bad in the van when driving behind a car that's turning off and as you get close it brakes for you, scared me to death the first time!

Is there a way to disable it?

Vehicles turning in front of you can be entertaining
I leave all the safety options ticked so in the unfortunate case of an accident I have done my bit for the insurance weasels. They also generates a degree on intuitively.

There is a setting on the MFD that you can disable, and it comes up on the dash saying its disabled, but for some odd reason, it isn't.
Going to have a play with that later! Any volunteers fancy stopping in front of the van? :eek:

Back