AutocraftMC Staveley Ltd - problems

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
I bought a Fiamma F45s awning and bracket set on the 24th Nov, ordering and paying online. Since then, I've had no contact from them. I've now rung them twice and been totally fobbed off. Anyone had any issues with this company ? I'm about to start throwing some serious shit about

Question is i suppose did they have it in stock or are they just the middle man and order direct from the manufacturer?

I wouldnt start throwing anything about after only a week, especially in the current circumstances.
They could be more communicative but small businesses are really struggling - redundancies, cash flow, compliance responsibilities - we for example have had zero income since March, its not easy right now.
Cheers
Phil

Nothing to indicate that it wasnt in stock, just a phone call with an update would suffice if there was a delay.

I wouldnt start throwing anything about after only a week, especially in the current circumstances.
They could be more communicative but small businesses are really struggling - redundancies, cash flow, compliance responsibilities - we for example have had zero income since March, its not easy right now.
Cheers
Phil
I totally get that, but some companies seem happy to take the full amount upfront and then forget you exist. Just a bit of good old customer service goes a long way.

I've dealt with them many times and always had excellent service. However they are a busy little business with minimal staff so any hiccup in staffing due to the current Covid-19 situation could disrupt the business. I'm not making excuses for lack of communication but they are just as human as the rest of us.

Please keep us posted about your progress with this problem.

Trouble is and not particularly related to this said company, there's so many companies still quick enough taking your orders and money but then use Covid to fob you off for weeks on end.
I've had 2 experiences at both ends of the scale, both turned out to have no stock or any chance of getting stock. One called me daily to keep me informed and the other i have heard from once and now can't get in touch with.
I run a business and I'm conscious to give better customer service during this tough period. No matter what, customer service is king at the moment and I have no sympathy whatsoever for any firm that isn't giving its all. These tough times will sort the men from the boys so to speak.
My opinion....give the company a chance, if they don't perform then tell them how shite they are and spend your money with someone who can perform.
Bloody hell I've just fell off my soap box.

As an update, they're still listed on ebay as '2 available' !? If they're available, I read that as they have the stock in situ.

I guess that you realise that awnings from Autocraft are quoted on eBay as 'collect only'.

Johnscross may be cheaper and will ship to you for I think £12.95, sorry to rub it in.

I guess that you realise that awnings from Autocraft are quoted on eBay as 'collect only'.

Johnscross may be cheaper and will ship to you for I think £12.95, sorry to rub it in.
Yep fully aware, which is why I rang them in the first place ie to arrange collection. Not aware of Johnscross ? Do you have their details ? Thanks

I use them, and never had a problem. I even managed to get my Fiamma fitted the next day (14 days ago) I speak to Ashley.

Using covid as an excuse for poor service is not acceptable imo. I work for a small business that's had disruption but we have hept on top of things and maintained great customer service.

If a business is happy to take your order and money the least you can expect is good communication even if there are issues.

As a conclusion, I've collected the awning and brackets and drawn a line under it. Learned a lesson to ring up first before placing internet orders as the shown stock is not necessarily accurate.
Anyway, they seem like genuine guys and had a good chat with them so all ends well.

As a conclusion, I've collected the awning and brackets and drawn a line under it. Learned a lesson to ring up first before placing internet orders as the shown stock is not necessarily accurate.
Anyway, they seem like genuine guys and had a good chat with them so all ends well.

Excellent, glad it all worked out in the end.

I've bought a fair amount off them, for my previous t4 when the older brothers owned it, then more lately for the t6 and dealt with Ash and his team. Always dead helpful and got some good deals through them.
Only ever dealt with them in person though as I'm local.
It's nice to have a place where you can go, see a few products and talk to actual people rather than a few clicks and an add to basket :)

Lately they do seem a lot busier than they used to be and expanding somewhat, sign of the times I guess.

Good to hear that the deal has all worked out well.

Thanks for the update.

Back