Auto Headlights Sensitivity...?

Deaston

T6 Pro
I've got a new Transporter that has auto LED headlights, but it seems to think the headlights should just be on all the time.

Only when I turn the switch to 'off' do I see the DRLs. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto sensor or something?

Rather than the lights being faulty, i was under the impression there was a light monitoring device attached to the wind screen which triggered the auto lights when it got dark...

Rather than the lights being faulty, i was under the impression there was a light monitoring device attached to the wind screen which triggered the auto lights when it got dark...

I think you're correct - the salesman pointed out that I had a rear view mirror (that I can't see out of due to the bulkhead) because that's where the sensors for the lights and wipers are situated.

I can only assume the sensor is faulty - my lights are just constantly on.

This time of year the light level is poor.... I seem to recall mine on most of the time recently to..!

I think the vw light sensor has its sun glasses on...

Mine are the same :cool:

The OEM sensor is at the top of the screen behind the rear view mirror.

As above the low light levels in winter cause the auto lights to be on most of the time..

It will change in summer.

If your not happy just use manual control for now.

Mine were on this morning driving on a clear day, they did eventually turn off after 15 minutes or so

You could try
09 - cent elec (BCM)
adaption channel 46 - Brightness threshold from when the functions Coming-Home and Leaving-Home are activated.

It specifically says for CH & LH but it may have an impact on its use during use for auto-headlights, Range is from 0-7

I've got a new Transporter that has auto LED headlights, but it seems to think the headlights should just be on all the time.

Only when I turn the switch to 'off' do I see the DRLs. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto sensor or something?
You can adjust light sensor sensitivity in RLS module but unfortunately the possible adjustment will make your lights to switch on even sooner. :(

Mine seem to be on all the time at the minute too. Cleaned the windscreen where the sensors are but no joy. Any ideas?.

Wait for some sunshine.... With all this stormy cloudy weather it's no surprise... mine seem to be on all day as well

Do you do a lot of motorway driving? Above a certain speed they come on automatically (if the right options selected)

No motorway driving during the week. What options need to be selected for them to come on at a certain speed?.

There is a tweak in Carista where you can change the sensitivity of the sensor. It works out that you tweak LUX sensitivity of the sensor which monitors the ambient light. On a cloudy day or early evening you can expect around 300 lux, and if the sensor is set up on this value or higher it will trigger the lights on. I am still tweaking Lux levels on mine. Hope this helps.

Good info, thanks.
It annoys me how sensitive the lights are. I’ve had several cars with auto lights including another VW (Tiguan) and none of them have been as over sensitive as my T6.

Have a look into this screen shot, it gives option to tweak sensitivity. I still can get it right. I am having a dizzy moment over this, just cant workout which is the correct setting. I don't want lights coming on way too soon. What do you think @Ali-G

Screenshot_20201102-090835_Carista.jpg

That’ll be good if that finds it’s way into the mainstream version of Carista.

Am I reading this right then? The first option "activation when it reaches 500lx" so my interpretation of this would be that ambient light drops below 500lx lights come on. Dull cloudy day would be in the region of 400-500 lux, dullish evening 300ish.

2and option "auto headlights deactivation threshold" in this instance set at 2000lx. Should switch the lights off. If I reduce this lux level, that would mean surely that the lights will go off quicker?

Or am I confusing these two parameters?

Back