Auto glym is it worth doing

s80spf

Butcher
T6 Pro
hi all
I am getting an VW T6 in Red and the has recommended Auto glym lifeshine is it worth doing of should I save my money.
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks

Life shine is a process not a product as such. It's doing what a dealer is supposed to do but gets you to pay for it.

As said, if you want a coating, get a real one like Gtechniq

Only thing I have noticed on any new dub I have had with life shine is that you don't get swirls in the paint after several washes. Mine has some swirls I have to get out as it was washed by some dickhead at the dealership and was ex demo so couldn't really say much as I reckon I had saved about 10 grand by having a 3 month old demo, so just need to get done swirl remover. Save your money and do it yourself. Same autoglym protection is available for £25 on eBay!

If you dont want to shell out on a ceramic coating and you don't mind waxing your van yourself every 6-9 months or so, I can recommend this stuff. Easy to apply and smells like passionfruit too :)

IMG_1937.JPG

Hi just found this on Amazon for around £115 is that a good price
That's pretty much what I paid for mine. It will last you ages too. Loads of options for paint protection - spend some time looking into it and don't feel pressured with the dealers up-selling. Autoglym HD wax is supposed to be good too if you decide on something like that. You can spend as much or as little as you want and still get good results and decent levels of paint protection.

For years on my cars I have removed any "dealer fitted" swirls with Autoglym Super Resin polish then finished with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. Excellent finish and the Extra Gloss adds a layer of protection to the paintwork, and does a good job on alloys as well. I am going to do my van as soon as the weather perks up a bit. About 2 hours for each should do it

Anyone old enough to remember Autoglym Super Resin Polish being called "Silicone" Resin Polish ?o_O

I now seem to have some of the dealer fitted swirls after they kindly offered to wash it, wish I hadn't bothered letting them, lesson learned there!

Back