Auto electrician/electronic experts/mechanics in Scotland?

Has the start stop not worked since new battery fitted ? is it a daily user or camper parked up mostly ?
Is the new battery the correct type for the van (AGM ) for the start stop charge and discharge feature ?
Has the re-placement BTB charger caused the issue ..?
work on the battery drain issue first and the tackle the other issues …
Is there something possibly draining the battery ? Dashcam or something left on ?
Have you had any mods or add -ones that may cause the battery drain ..?

‘The stop start on my van doesn’t seem to operate until everything hot and generally on longer runs as it’s a camper and sits on the drive a lot with low battery volts .. possibly needs to charge battery to level for SS to activate I’m guessing ..Other more knowlegable on here may be able to help if the post is seen enough…

search for stop start and battery issues on the forum .. others may have had similar problems

Has the start stop not worked since new battery fitted ? is it a daily user or camper parked up mostly ?
Is the new battery the correct type for the van (AGM ) for the start stop charge and discharge feature ?
Has the re-placement BTB charger caused the issue ..?
work on the battery drain issue first and the tackle the other issues …
Is there something possibly draining the battery ? Dashcam or something left on ?
Have you had any mods or add -ones that may cause the battery drain ..?

‘The stop start on my van doesn’t seem to operate until everything hot and generally on longer runs as it’s a camper and sits on the drive a lot with low battery volts .. possibly needs to charge battery to level for SS to activate I’m guessing ..Other more knowlegable on here may be able to help if the post is seen enough…

search for stop start and battery issues on the forum .. others may have had similar problems
Hi, the van is used daily and the start/stop has stopped working since the new battery has been installed. I can't think what could be causing the battery to drain, nothing is knowingly left on.

Disconnect the BTB wiring from the starter battery to see if this is the cause of the ‘drain’

Hi everyone,

New to the VW world, so new I’ve not collected my van yet.

Anyway it’s a T6 start line with F&R PDC and discovery nav. Looking to get a reverse camera fitted but I’m way up in Moray (near Inverness).

Does anyone know a place in Scotland that does this kind of work. Happy to travel down to the central belt but the closer the better.

Many thanks

Back