1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Electric Wing Mirrors

Discussion in 'VCDS / VAGCOM Information & Requests' started by T6dder, 6 Jul 2016.

1. Caravellet6

Caravellet6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Agree lets petition VW?

Pauly and StudleyGlass like this.
  2. chriscroft

chriscroft 12 years of VW T 'ing VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    OK, but lets backdate the petition; so that it's retro upgradable:think smile bounce:

Caravellet6 likes this.
  3. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Just an one thing i have notice in ref; to the auto folding of the mirrors , my new van lets you switch the mirrors at any time whether the door is open closed ignition on or off , where as the loan combi only let you close the mirrors in before you opened the door which if you forgot (all the time) you had to switch the ignition back on. Dont no if this makes sense but it must be wired different do you think ?? maybe a E5 E6 difference? .

Pauly likes this.
  4. steveph

steveph Member VIP Member

As said earlier in this thread you can't code this but can do it with an additional control unit, as I have just done with retrofit power folding. Fold on lock is great as I always forget :)

Options to add auto fold on lock to existing power fold mirrors start from less than £10 if you trust a control unit from China - see my post in Electrics/ICE.

5. Oges

Oges Member

Map
    IMG_3714.PNG

This is a reply by a guy named Adam on the 'Ross - Tech' site regarding auto fold mirrors ...does this make sense to anybody ?

6. StudleyGlass

Map
    cant believe its that easy as there is some wiring to do as @steveph says...........

7. StudleyGlass

Map
    Does that statement from Adam87 make any sense to you @Pauly

8. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    No, I wonder if he is calling a T5 GP a T6 ??

9. StudleyGlass

Map
    I did wonder if he was talking about a T5 as it can be done on those so im told.