Auto Folding Wing Mirrors

Nah, plug in the Q modules to his own and play? Might then be able to crack the Q modules coding changes, as he's wanting to play with a set on an e6 vehicle, post them up to him, and it's a swap out and play with VCDS until he cracks it, as its the module that is different itself..

Last edited:
The dealer only swapped the modules for me along with my side bars & few other bits., they didn't do any programming & put the Q modules back in my old van.
The L modules had retained the programming from before and I just needed to tick "comfort closing" in 09 Central Electrics for it to work.

Great @Sosarge , would you be willing to go through the @Pauly & @Adams , and possibly arrange for Adams to borrow the Q modules to have a look at in view to cracking the folding option coding on them? If so please think about starting a conversation with the pair of them.. Thanks :thumbsup:

Picked up my brand new T6 on Saturday and can't believe I can't get the electric mirrors to auto fold when I lock the can. I have a 2013 VW Touareg and that could be set-up in 60 seconds. I'd love to know if anyone finds a fix.

same here, we have a 2012 Q5 that had folding mirrors on lock set by factory, now have a 2017 caravelle that cost nearly double the q5 and unable to fold mirrors on locking. I spent about 20 mins last night on ours with vcds but no obvious coding method that I could find : (

same here, we have a 2012 Q5 that had folding mirrors on lock set by factory, now have a 2017 caravelle that cost nearly double the q5 and unable to fold mirrors on locking. I spent about 20 mins last night on ours with vcds but no obvious coding method that I could find : (
@Richard Washbrook do you have a Euro 5 or Euro 6? If you have a Euro 6 it can't yet be recoded. If it's a Euro 5 then it is achievable through vcds.

Back